Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > BEGGARS ARE AMONG US!    

BEGGARS ARE AMONG US!

genzianella
Italy

Point taken but I stick to my guns! I still think that begging for points is disgraceful!

@Zora: it �s not up to you to decide which topic should be brought to the thread or not. Who do you think you are???

@Mariethehouse: here again, I didn �t say she is disgraceful, I said her behaviour is disgraceful. On the other hand you DID say to me I �m disgraceful, so I should be offended, and I am. How dare you ?? Either you learn how to behave around people or please refrain from commenting my posts altogether. I cannot bear rude people!

23 Mar 2009     

lillizen
Brazil

P.S.: : I �ve just seen that among his/her ws in the link given in the 1st post s/he has some of those picures which I guess I read the other day that are "stolen" from I don �t know where... anyways, I won �t change all my previous post here... lol...

Begging, ok. Cheating, no way.

Anyways... =P

23 Mar 2009     

genzianella
Italy

There you are!!! to all the holier than thou people who defended her, poor thing!!

23 Mar 2009     

roneydirt
United States

I do wonder some pointed out the individual didn �t actually post in the forum but did ask others to download so they could get points to download material.  Where I wonder is why is it that offensive and disgraceful?  I do that too, just not on this site except when I was in desperate need of help back in January.  Maybe that person is like me and is still fairly new in the teaching field so doesn �t have much material on hand?  Maybe that individual is like me at a very poorly funded school having to get material for their class by any means necesarry to be the best benefit for their school?  I guess those that are complaining about it the most come from rich schools and just use this site as a supplemental to their materials?  Well there are those of us that are not from rich schools and use these sites as primary material suppliers since our schools greatly lack materials and/or funding to get needed materials.  Come join me at the rich school dumpsters digging in for old textbooks and materials and I will show you how to use a thing called dumpster education otherwise known as dumpster diving.  Doing that here in Korea and did that back in the good old USA.

I have been hesitant on posting my lessons and powerpoints since much of the material is "borrowed" from others just been cut and pasted to fit what focus points needed to be taught.  Plus adding in the primary language of the students I am teaching like Korean and Chinese at the current schools I am at.

Oh by the way most of the material being used even if it is totally created by the poster by this time is borrowed material from previous teachers of the past, just revamped in some way.  Some of the worksheets that I have seen on these sites I have seen in my 1940 �s textbooks just now with color.   And yes some of my textbooks that were borrowed from dumpsters do date back to the 1940 �s.  Welcome to reality that there are still schools even in some of the richest nations very poorly funded.

24 Mar 2009     

gedpearce
France

Wow, I �m mortified.  I �ve just joined and have posted some worksheets and asked people to look at them to see if they could be improved.  Does that mean I �m considered to be begging for points?

26 Mar 2009     

< Previous   1    2