Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > disappearing comments    

disappearing comments

mmargalef
Spain

disappearing comments

I have just seen that all the comments have disappeared from my worksheets. Is it only me or has anyone else the same problem?

7 Oct 2008      

goodnesses
Algeria

Hi , mmargalef
Spain

The same with mine. But not those of the online exercises.

7 Oct 2008     

cely
Argentina

Hi mmargalef and Goodnesses.
yes!! the same is to my comments! have you any idea?

7 Oct 2008     

victor
Spain

Hello,

The web server is a bit overloaded at the moment (it has been very very slow during the afternoon). Tuesdays are the most busy day in eslprintables.
Not showing the comments is a temporary solution for this. It makes things easier for the server.
The comments are not shown in older printables, but they still appear in recent contributions.

7 Oct 2008     

LA LUNA
Mexico

I�ve just noticed that mmargalef!. What�s going on? Has victor made any change? I didn�t see any comment about it. Kind of strange..

7 Oct 2008     

mmargalef
Spain

Thanks Victor! You are great! Always there to help us and to calm us down! Clap

7 Oct 2008     

LA LUNA
Mexico

OK Victor�s message had already been posted..sorry..ok my question is if the worksheets become into the older ones, are the comments going to disappear, too???

7 Oct 2008     

victor
Spain

La Luna,
Yes, the website will only show the comments in the recent contributions, but don�t worry. This is just a temporary solution. Maybe tomorrow or the next day all the comments will come back.

7 Oct 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

If it helps the server it is a fantastic idea.  Comments are wonderful for our feedback - but once printables have been on line for a while - the amount of downloads really tells you how good they are if you are browsing quickly.

Hope you have managed some sleep Victor.  Seems like your wonderful website is growing in popularity very quickly. 
A suggestion to help your server cope:
I know that you delete printables with no downloads - to free up some server space you might want to delete printables with less than 10 downloads.  It is very unusual to find a historical printable with less than 10 downloads that is of great use.  (I am now ducking to the ground to avoid any fallout over this suggestion...)

I have already gone through and culled my own printables out - i had a couple which i thought were wonderful - but only a couple of people found them useful so I have removed them (ok so I lost a few points - no biggie once you are over 30 anyway).  Would be good to let us know if this is helpful - because maybe members will do it themselves.

8 Oct 2008     

brahmam
India

that�s really a brilliant idea, Vickii!

And you need not duck to the ground as no one is going to fall out over this issue. In fact I have some worksheets with only 5 and 10. I thought of deleting them yesterday itself. If it is too much for the web server, the owners had better delete their own printables themselves.

8 Oct 2008     

LA LUNA
Mexico

Oki, doki Victor!! Thanks as usual you always the right answer to comfort us! Thank you!!! You�re the best!!!

8 Oct 2008     

1    2    Next >