Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Easter egg hunt..    

Easter egg hunt..

yetigumboots
Germany

Easter egg hunt..

Hi guys... Any ideas? I have to do an Easter egg hunt  (so to speak) involving basic vocabulary (colours animals) for very small kids. (3-5) The trouble is I am in a room which is no bigger than a matchbox with nothing on the walls and nowhere to hide anything.. Unhappy
Does anyone have an Easter game that is funny and will get ten little kiddies in the Easter mood? Brain dead again today sorry I need a holiday.... boo hoo and its snowing AGAIN in Germany.. I need sunshine and brainwaves. he he.

Hugs to all. Yeti xx

24 Mar 2009      

gizmogwai
United Kingdom

I have this problem. I travel to teach and have to carry everything with me and go to tiny little empty rooms.

I have prepared different colour eggs and my plan is to teach with prepositions.

Don �t bother hiding anything, prepare some boxes/bags (anything you can put the eggs on/under/in etc).

Have the boxes (or whatever) on show with different coloured eggs on/in/under etc them and then ask students to get a particular egg.

The blue egg is under the pink bag. The first student to get the right egg wins.

It �s not exactly an egg hunt, but the best alternative if you don �t have anywhere to hide things :)

24 Mar 2009     

inom
Hungary

I usually use small paper eggs. They are easy to stick on the wall , under a chair, behind the curtain etc.You can also use paper animals such as sheep, chick, rabbit...
 I´ve just found a good site for you where you can read about many Easter games.
http://holidays.kaboose.com/easter-party.html

24 Mar 2009     

millmo
France

I am going to send one child out of the classroom and ask the others to hide a plastic egg. When the child re-enters the room, the rest of the class will say "hot" or "cold" to indicate whether they are near the egg or not. When the child finds the egg they will have to say whether it was "on", "under" "in" etc

24 Mar 2009     

helena2009
Hungary

Let me share with you my students� favourite game.

1. Hide a bowl of candies somewhere out of the classroom.

For example: At the front door or in the school canteen�etc.

2.  Make a crossword puzzle with the new vocabulary which you are learning now. The solution  of the crossword is the place of the bowl. If your students are young, the solution should be in their mother tongue.
For example:

The bowl is next to the front door.

3. Give the puzzle to your students.

4. When someone is ready with the crossword puzzle he /she can go out and find the bowl. They can take 1 candy.

There is only one big problem with this game:

If you do it a day your students will always demand it.

Have a good luck.

Judy

PS: Please, give me a feedback.

24 Mar 2009     

yetigumboots
Germany

Thanks to all of you for your help. I will use these ideas for sure. Happy Easter when it comes. Take care. Yeti xx

26 Mar 2009