Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > 3rd Conditional    

3rd Conditional

Zora
Canada

3rd Conditional

I am looking for a very specific type of worksheet - I checked here but none really seem to be what I want... or maybe I overlooked them.. But anyways, I need an activity that tests understanding.

ie:

They would have gone to the park if it hadn �t been so cold out...
a) they didn �t go to the park because it was cold....
b) they went to the park despite the cold...

Has anybody got a worksheet like that that I can download???? 

24 Mar 2009      

source
Turkey

Hi dear Zora......

This is what you are looking for I guess...Hope it will be useful...

Type 1,2,3 and mix structure explanations and then exercises related to all of them...

24 Mar 2009     

Zora
Canada

Thank you source Smile .... but what I need is a worksheet where they have to pick the correct meaning - just for the 3rd Conditional... (btw - Yours is great and I will probably download it later on... )

Example:

They would have gone to the park if it hadn�t been so cold out...
a) they didn �t go to the park because it was cold - they have to say this one was the correct one and not option b..
b) they went to the park despite the cold...

24 Mar 2009     

source
Turkey

Hmss I �m sorry...I will look into my documents...If I find , ı can send you via e-mail....and ı hope others can help you too...

:)

24 Mar 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

If only aftab went on one of his quests, he �d be able to help you. I know i saw a site where you do have to choose one of the options, but unfortunately, I do not know which one it is ... Let me have a look. Maybe i come across it ... I wish i could be of more help to you, dear lovely Zora.

EDIT: @goodnesses - it looks like the site i had in mind ...

24 Mar 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Hi Zora and Ivona,
I don �t think think I can help. Cry I have been searching and have come up with this but I don �t think its what zora is looking for.

24 Mar 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Hi, Zora

I think this is much closer to what you are looking for.

http://web2.uvcs.uvic.ca/elc/studyzone/410/grammar/allcnd1.htm

24 Mar 2009     

Zora
Canada

Oh thank you goodnesses! This is what I am looking for!! Thank you a thousand times over... I am so tired (and overworked right now) and the thought of making up exercises like this one had me just shaking my head and going "nooooooooooo..." LOL

Thank you everyone for your help, you are a bunch of wonderful wonders and if I had a crown for each of you I wouldn �t hesitate... well, maybe for Ivona since she gave my old crown away... LOL

Anyways... thanks so much! Hug

24 Mar 2009