Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > BUY THIS! Great for the classroom    

BUY THIS! Great for the classroom

_babz
Canada

BUY THIS! Great for the classroom

Hello everyone!

A couple of months ago, I found this boardgame called Scene it. I had heard of it, I had seen it at toy stores and for the Xbox, but never considered it for my classroom.

It was on sale for like 2$ each, cause it was in English, and my province is predominantly French.

Anyway, I �m so glad I bought both versions of this; Junior and Adult (the portable editions)

It �s amazing! Students love it, and all you need is a DVD player and hopefully a projector (or TV). It has questions on various things, audio questions, video clips, sound clips, matching, its really interactive!

I strongly suggest Junior version (everything/sports/movies/pop), Walt Disney, Harry Potter.

Anyway, hope this suggestion helps - cause at the end of the semester, when I �m feeling kinda tired, I pop the DVD, and boom, great way to have fun with the kids.

26 Mar 2009      

_babz
Canada

oh ya, if you do want to buy it, the portable/travel versions have an AUTO feature, where you just get questions, no need for the dice and cards.....just keep count of the score, and separate the class in teams.....3 teams...works fine!

26 Mar 2009     

SaNdRiTSs
Chile

i think its a great idea but i have no chance of buying it here in CHILE Cry........BUT ANYWAY ITS AN AWESOME IDEA Thumbs Up!!!!!!!!!!!!

26 Mar 2009     

_babz
Canada

try amazon.com..they ship

26 Mar 2009     

ants
Switzerland

I would love this for my teens. I �ve looked on Amazon but I don �t get the same game when I put it on the site? It gives me other DVD �s but not that picture you �ve sent.

26 Mar 2009     

mushumiau
Spain

hi! I �ve found that board games are one of the be resouces that we can use in the classroom since the students have a lot of fun and practice different skills without noticing.
 however I �ve also found that sometimes commercial board games  are preety difficult for them, so I �ve made one my self based on the board game Cranium, it it �s great but sometimes too difficult so I �ve made some cards and a board and I use it in class as it was the original game. You need a little patientience to prepare the cards with the contents they have seen along the units, but it �s really worth it. I always use it to review contents after a few units,before the exams. So I really recommend doing one yourself. I can upload some cards templates so that you can do our own.

26 Mar 2009     

chorima
Spain

to tbabalis, thanks for the suggestion (great one!)
to mushumiau, why don�t you upload your version of the cranium?
I am a fan of games. In fact, I use "taboo" a lot (great way for students to define words, use compensatory strategies and improve fluency)

26 Mar 2009     

Lancillotta:
Italy

This game seems to be really useful...
Is this a good version of the game?

Are there some film trailers (and after the trailers  questions) in the DVD? Or you have to know arleady the film to choose the correct answer?

Thanks for your reply.
Lancillotta

26 Mar 2009     

_babz
Canada

hmm....if only i could upload the dvd....now..how do i do that? :S

but i guess it`s copyrighted....anyway...take care everyone!

26 Mar 2009