Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > CAN ´T REMEMBER THE WORDS SUNG IN THE BALL GAME    

CAN ´T REMEMBER THE WORDS SUNG IN THE BALL GAME

appleaday
Canada

CAN ´T REMEMBER THE WORDS SUNG IN THE BALL GAME

Hi !

I grew up in London, Ontario. When I was young, we used to play with two tennis balls a juggling game. We bounced the balls on the wall, juggled them with one hand and so on. One part I think was something like "under over Hullabaloo (or Balubalu.. can �t remember) " Is there anyone who played this game when they were young? If you do remember please could you post the lyrics of the games song? Thank you so much!

26 Mar 2009      

eng789
Israel

I �m from Toronto and I think I´m a lot older than you ( if that is your picture) but we used to put a tennis ball into a nylon stocking and hit it against a wall.  We used to sing;

A sailor went to sea, sea, sea,
To see what he could see, see,see,
And all that he could see, see, see,
Was the bottom of the deep blue sea, sea, sea.

26 Mar 2009     

Zora
Canada

Here �s what she is looking for I think:

Billy Baloo-- This is where you chant, "Under Billy Baloo, under Billy Baloo, one, two three, four, five Billy Baloo. Using two hands you alternately throw the balls against the wall in a juggling fashion. Then you go over, upsy, downsy, under one leg, under the other leg, bouncey, then when you finish all of this successfully in order, you get to try it with three balls.

26 Mar 2009     

eng789
Israel

I have never heard of that song.   

26 Mar 2009     

Zora
Canada

Neither had I until I searched it on the net...

I have heard the one you (Eng789) mentioned though. Smile

26 Mar 2009     

eng789
Israel

There was another I remember - 
Mary had a telephone
Her telephone had a crack
If you call the operator
I �ll kick you in the backkkk
Ask me no more questions
I �ll tell you no more lies ...

God, I �m old!!!!!

26 Mar 2009     

appleaday
Canada

I�ve just checked your replies. Thank you all so much! It�s been of great help. Finally I know the words! J This makes my day!

Thank you zora for the words!

Thank you Eng789 for the lyrics of that songs game! Nice tip!

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!

27 Mar 2009     

Little Miss Lady
Spain

Thank u for that �sailor rhyme �!! I have just remebered my time when i was at Elementary and had forgotten of that song! U guys are great!! :D

27 Mar 2009