Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Spanish, Document and PPT Size, Points    

Spanish, Document and PPT Size, Points

babyboy17
Turkey

Spanish, Document and PPT Size, Points

1. I don �t see the rationale behind the fact that why so many people send Spanish worksheets although it �s against the rule of the site. Maybe it �s because of the Spanish administrator? If there are Spanish worksheets, then there should be Turkish, German, French and other worksheets as well if it �S meant to share.

2. I find it too nonsense to upload a maximum 300 kb document and maximum 500 kb ppt size. May I learn the reason for this?

3. I think somebody who uploads a document should get a point. If it does not become like that, it will lead people to send stolen worksheets. At the same time, although I have 30 daily free downloads, I lose my points when I start to download. I know that I do not exceed the maximum number. These are what I am complaining about.... 

27 Mar 2009      

Nebal
Lebanon

Hi Babyboy,
You have the right to wonder about many things.

I agree with you regarding the first complaint. This site is found for sharing esl printables, not any other lang. However, I don �t feel bothered as long as it serves our Spanish friends.

As for the 2nd , I don �t know the exact reason, but I �m convinced that there should be a limited capacity for uploaoding materials since the uploaders are thousands. So, imagine the number of ws. everyday!!!!

Thirdly, u have to live by the rules of the site.  One shouldn �t steal worksheets , but try his/her best to make better ones and get more points. Only creative loyal teachers think the latter way. Hope u understand.

I hope I made myself clear.

Good luck!
Nebal

27 Mar 2009     

MissMelissa12
Peru

Hello babyboy,

Well, I am thinking on doing an ESL worksheet explaining some features of EnGLISH in spanish . I thought it might be useful and I dont think it is something bad since it can help a lot to those very low-english level students whose  L1 is Spanish.
I dont see why you could not do the same with your own language. It still an ESL source.

Im sorry you are mad ( you sound so) but maybe being a little bit more calmed will be better, I think. Im sure you �ll get answers for all you are asking. And dont forget to be thankful with Victor for this beautiful idea in which now we are part of.

Miss Melissa. Hug

27 Mar 2009     

eng789
Israel

Sorry to remind you, but this is an ESL site - English being the key word

There isn �t supposed to be L1 on you wss.  If you want to you can build your wss so there is a place for translation - then anyone using your wss can have the kids translate into their L1.  

The wss we upload are supposed to be for everyone.

27 Mar 2009     

MissMelissa12
Peru

YES I KNOW!!

AND ENGLISH WILL BE THE TARGET LANGUAGE, BUT I DO HAVE A STUDENT WHO NEEDS ACLARATION IN SPANISH, AND IM SURE MANY STUDENTS DO. I BET THAT IS WHY SOME ENGLISH BOOKS ARE EVEN WITH EXPPLANATIONS IN THE L1.

WELL  I SEE YOU DONT USE THAT STRATEGY FOR THE REASONS YOU HAVE, BUT MAYBE ONE OR TWO TEACHERS WILL. THAT �S WHY  I THINK SOME PEOPLE LIKE ME WILL FIND IT USEFUL . AS LONG AS VICTOR DOESNT SAY I CANT DO THAT, I �LL UPLOAD IT . Tongue

THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTION, ENG789.!!

Miss Melissa. Hug

27 Mar 2009     

babyboy17
Turkey

I am asking you Missmellis12 how did you understand that I am not calm? Is it so clear? Are you a psychiatrist? :D  I do not think so. Anyway, because you are interested in teaching Spanish, you defend uploading Spanish materials, but if you read the rules of the site, you will see that it �s forbidden to use other materials other than English. So, you are not right. I think It �S Victor �s favouritism for Spanish people and I am right

27 Mar 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Hi babyboy17,

You have some worthwhile questions there! Eng789 is right & MissMelissa is always very understanding!

re the 30 downloads per day - as a premium member you can download 30 of the free worksheets every day. That means if you download older ones then points are deducted.

You should have a quick read through the F.A.Q. section. There �s a link at the top of the home page.

Cheers!

27 Mar 2009     

degofe
Portugal

help!!!

We need some peace over here....

27 Mar 2009     

MissMelissa12
Peru

WOWWW !! What have I caused???

Dear babyboy:

Im sorry if you took it in a wrong way what I replied in your post, I apologyze but you missunderstood what I said or I did not know how to express myself. Im very sorry, Im not a psycologist but I did study a little bit since Im a teacher. But I never meant to offend you. Accept my aplogy?
And concerning your question, if its something to explain English maybe we could do that, some of the people that speak our language might need it, and this could be done with any other language as long as it is a topic related to ESL like an explanation. I �ve seen worksheets in other languages that says nothing related to ESL and of course these kind of worksheets are not ESL sources. But in this case I dont think its a problem. I dont know if im 100% about this but Im never afraid or embarrassed if I �m wrong about something.

Please everybody, PM me please If Im wrong so that I dont upload that worksheet i have in mind .

So this was my point.
Anyway, Im sorry if I offended you. I really really did not mean to upset you up. Disapprove

Greetings from Peru !!

Miss Melissa. Hug

P..S Thanks Alien Boy for the good concept you have about me. This is only for you --->Hug

28 Mar 2009     

babyboy17
Turkey

Alien_boy I think you are not reading thoroughly what I am writing. I am trying to use my 30 free downloads, but I sometimes lose my points. That �s it and so easy. A friend of mine just told me the same thing. She has such a problem as well.

As for MissMelissa12, Of course sometimes native language is needed, but I am against full Spanish texts which I see in this site very often. I think we �ve come to an agreement. 

28 Mar 2009