Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > I wonder    

I wonder

piretraig
Estonia

I wonder

I think we all have a load of worksheets we have downloaded from this page. My question is- do you have a system for them? How do you find a right worksheet amongst all the others? I daily download the best worksheets and I have no idea how to organize them in the best possible way. I cannot stop downloading the recent contributions :P

28 Mar 2009      

memthefirst
Turkey

I name them as past simple1-2-3-4-.......

28 Mar 2009     

eng789
Israel

I do it according to levels and then - grammar - reading comp. - tests - etc

28 Mar 2009     

nkappa
Greece

I ORGANISE THEM ALPHABETICALY...

28 Mar 2009     

piretraig
Estonia

Thank you. I see you use the good old folders system. I thought that may-be some of you use some kind of internet environment. I don �t know much about them but I picture it as a place to upload these worksheets and then, if I need something, I search by the topic. Like this website but very simple and just for me.�

28 Mar 2009     

piretraig
Estonia

I understand what you mean :) Too bad I have only one English group �and all these brilliant worksheets and webpages :P I am a primary school teacher and I also teach Maths to secondary school. I even told to our head master that this is the last year I teach Maths. In the future I want to concentrate teaching English. All because of this site.

28 Mar 2009     

nkappa
Greece

I have noting in my pc!! USB is the solution!

and I have it always with me. this is good for private teachers too... who teach in students � homes....

28 Mar 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

I follow a similar system to ladybird for organising my materials but even then finding things becomes difficult sometimes so it needs further fine tuning inot levels etc. I also backup my materials onto and extra external drive or USB. Another solution is to upload your your materials onto Mediafire or a similar files hosting system which are free services. This allows you to access them from anywhere with an Internet connection and also you have the opportunity to provide others access to your materials if you so wished.

28 Mar 2009     

ameliarator
United States

On macintosh computers there is a function called "finder" which is like a search engine for the files and documents in your computer. �I don �t know if PCs have something like this or not, but for me it is a huge help in finding my documents!

28 Mar 2009     

piretraig
Estonia

I have a PC and macintosh both. I �m still getting used to the MAC. Thanks a lot Ameliarator. I don �t know why I haven �t used the finder before LOL

And thanks a lot to you, aftab. I will try this Mediafire.

28 Mar 2009