Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > PPS    

PPS

andrea1828
Argentina

PPS

I would like to show my sts power point but I do not have a computer in the classroom. I only have a dvd player set. Is there a way to see power point in a DVD ?

30 Mar 2009      

douglas
United States

I think, only if you record the power point show as a video and then put it on DVD.

(You would need a camera and a computer with PP to make the video)

30 Mar 2009     

luadosolzinho
Brazil

Andrea, I get your point. Actually, there is a software that converts PPS or PPT into DVD. And that �s what i have used to show my students what I prepare in powerpoint.

If you want to try it, you can dowload it here:

I convert PPT into DVD. Then, I use Nero to burn the presentation a DVD. And it works pretty well on my dvd player. It �s awesome!

If you have doubts, send me a private message. I �ll try to help you.

Best Wishes,

Vanessa

30 Mar 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Is it not possible to burn the ppt onto DVD as data?

30 Mar 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

Thank you luadosolzinho for the tip. i have been looking for something like this. I´ve also saved your contact information to ask you about any doubt.

Dear aftab57, what do you mean by "burning as as data"?

30 Mar 2009     

luadosolzinho
Brazil

Dear aftab57, well, if you burn the PPT onto the DVD as data, the DVD player won �t �read � it, because as far as I know, DVD players don �t play files on PPT extension. That �s why we need a software to convert them.

Is that what you wanted to know?

Best wishes,

Vanessa

30 Mar 2009     

alien boy
Japan

This site is a useful �how to � for free. It is also quite recent!

http://www.freewaregenius.com/2008/12/17/how-to-convert-powerpoint-to-dvd-for-free

Cheers,
AB

31 Mar 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Thank you luadosolzinho for youe answer. Damielle for example if you burn on a CD their is a choice to burn the materials as data and that mean any kind of materials be it doc, pdf, audio, video. I thought that might be possible for the DVD as well.

31 Mar 2009