Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > April Fool īs Day Joke    

April Fool īs Day Joke

fletsch
Canada

April Fool īs Day Joke

Hello from Shanghai everyone:

It is April Fool īs Day and I have an idea that I used before at the beginning of my classes on April 1st.  It is a very short video - 30 seconds.  Before you play the video, tell your students that there are two photos that will come up on their screen that are almost the same.  They will have one minute to spot the differences between them.  Tell them they must really pay attention, as they don īt have much time.  Then start the video.  After about 20 seconds, a very scary face pops up on the screen with an evil laugh.  Then I yell out Happy April Fool īs Day!  The classes absolutely love it and it is a great way to wake your sleepy head kids up.

Hope you like it Wink

Fletsch

1 Apr 2009      

fletsch
Canada

Hey Silke:

Yes, I agree that it is a BIG shock, but I think my students can handle it, LOL.  My classes this morning are very talkative and love to have fun...I think it is just what the doctor ordered!

1 Apr 2009     

Helen McK
Ireland

I īm with you, Ladybird.  I nearly jumped out of my skin.....and I knew the shock was coming!!! ShockedWink

Helen

1 Apr 2009