Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > The teacher    

The teacher

Zora
Canada

I agree, the CEO in the story needs a reality check since I am guessing that HE has a University degree from somewhere "nice"...

Nice story though, thank you for sharing it... Smile

1 Apr 2009     

kim82
United Kingdom

hi.. Im not trying to be abnormal in my reply..but i totally disagree with all previous encouraging words... come on let �s b serious and honest, isnt it a job for the jobless????im not saying this  cuz im not a devoted, hardworking and creative teacher ... NO, on the contary my principal and parents always say im a gem to every1 who crosses my path and that my students r lucky cuz they can see the difference   bt my mom used 2 b a teacher and now she is retired suffering from all illnesses from being a teacher who made a difference... ironically, u may have a magical touch on students and change them..bt surely u �ll have a negative difference in your health and state of mind 2.... students change and policies r with students , teachers have no rights anywhere, i worked in 3 different countries in private and publis schools.. i heard about the teacher in Germany who was banned from teaching ( and her salary..) cuz of asking students 2 b quiet :s .. sorry..actually i dont agree  and take it easy plz   Disapprove

1 Apr 2009     

Zora
Canada

@Omarali

A job for the jobless is the most selfless thing there is. A person who devotes themselves to others when they could be doing something else is something to be greatly admired.

There are very few professions in this world as important as a teachers. Believe it or not, teachers are the pillars of society, if they fail then we are all lost... Kids learn to interact with others and respect their peers in school. They often learn how to share and to be patient as well as kind and understanding. They learn that there are others out there that are like them, that have the same problems and fears, or joys and values...

Teachers educate not only knowledge but other things as well...In fact, many kids spend 8 to ten hours at school, and some of them see their teachers more than their parents...

A teacher should never be looked down upon, they should be admired and respected because if they stop loving their job, then the world will indeed be a sadder place... Unhappy

1 Apr 2009     

eng789
Israel

Zora - I second everything you said. 

So why aren �t we respected in most countries.  Teachers are so terribly under paid here, that there are very few men in the system.
A lot of women become teachers because they are the secondary breadwinner in the family and teaching allows them to be home with their kids when school is out.  If a woman is on her own, it is very hard to make ends meet on a teacher �s salary.

1 Apr 2009     

< Previous   1    2