Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help for a 5-years-old ESL student!!    

Help for a 5-years-old ESL student!!

Nati.
Argentina

Help for a 5-years-old ESL student!!

Hi! I �m new here, so i hope to be writing in the right place...

I �m looking for printable material for my new student who is only 5!! There wasn �t any book in the library that cuold fit her target :S!! She can only recognize letters (capitals) and numbers (0-9), but she �s too little she doesn �t read or write! I �m searching for colouring pages, matching or tracing worksheets, easy puzzles etc...

Any help you could give me, please post a comment or write to me: [email protected]

Thanks, Natalia.

2 Apr 2009      

yetigumboots
Germany

Try www.dtlk-teach.com

2 Apr 2009     

Betti :)
Hungary

Hi

I �wrote my thesis on this topic :) ... I send you the major points and ideas in mail. Hope it �ll help. On the other hand, there are many good activities here. I don �t know your country, but I used Magic English with Disney figures... I read the instructions and the child did the exercise, like in nursery :) You know: colouring exercises, drawing, singing is also important and fun :) But it �s all in my thesis.

Have a nice day.
Betti

2 Apr 2009     

Choli
Argentina

Hi Nati,

Why don �t you ask her parents to buy a course book suitable for kinder level, such as My First English Adventure 2, Sprinkles 3, Little Bugs 1, Fairyland 1, etc?

Hugs
Choli

2 Apr 2009     

alien boy
Japan

I �d start by checking out the really good bookmark section which Victor has recently started. There are many wonderful websites with some very useful downloadable items available. There are links on the home page.
Cheers,
AB

2 Apr 2009     

Nati.
Argentina

Hi there! Thanks for all your help... I �m sorry I couldn �t check for repies before!

Alien boy, I took a look at those sites you mentioned and found some interesting resources. Thank you!

Yetingumboots, so sorry but I couldn �t understand how to surf through that site. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion!

Bkenyeres, your thesis is wonderful! I haven �t finished to read it, but I �ve found great advices there! Thank you for your help!

Choli, I proposed that to the Institute Director but he thinks that books are not advisable for this level. I don �t agree. I �ve made some copies for my child to work, but I find it so difficult because she only recognizes capital letters!!!

Thank you all for being so kind, and sorry again for my lateness... Best wishes!

13 Apr 2009