Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > pls help me tonight    

pls help me tonight

Anna P
Brazil

I don�t want to be the only voice against this "please download for me" (although aftab57 tactfully made a point) but I think that the whole idea of the site is to share and not simply give out - especially someone else �s ws.  I believe that Pattette could gracefully send her work but I really do not think that we should be doing that.

I hope to see rvyd �s work soon.  This way she could download whatever she wants.

2 Apr 2009     

mariannina
Italy

Ciao, if you need mine, just let me know

2 Apr 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Today, I must say, please don �t get me wrong, but, in my humble opinion, something quite unbelievable happened here, in this forum.
It goes like this: people, here, share, ok? 
I give, you accept, I have a return.
I have always read posts about this point - you don �t upload, you don �t download. Am I wrong?
I think I am right.
This young lady, rvyd, just asked for printables for TOMORROW.

I can �t imagine a teacher with responsibilities for the day after, asking in the border line, for a printable, a worksheet, but...
Even so, I posted that if any of MY works was suitable, she could let me know  and I would email her any of MY printables.
I don �t think I can email works made by any of you to anyone showing up in the forum and asking for help. YOUR works are not mine. YOU upload them here, under some conditions. I can download them if I have enough points; this means I, myself, have made enough contributions to deserve the opportunity of downloading yours. To me, to my students, NOT to give them away.
Well, if you can download my, (ours) worksheets,and send them away, then, may be I can download everything I want, just go to some editor and publish a book.
What do you think?
I was educated with some kind of values, what is mine, is mine, what is ours is mine, too, but I have no rights upon.
Hope you understand me, but I think we can �t go further than what the rules are.
Please, keep on your minds, I am not complaining, just talking about what I feel is completely wrong.
Give me your feedback, it will be appreciated.

3 Apr 2009     

Abbes_Z
Morocco

Sorry Olindalima, i do understand what you mean but i do not necessarily share your point.

As you may have read in rvyd �s post, she needs that very material and she really needs it so bad because she has not suficient time in prospect.. Furthermore, she has subscribed to this site as member which implies both her good will of sharing her own works as well as her right in benefiting from the contributions herein..

Just at this stage, i can ask a question; does she really need to write to Pattette and wait for her reply in a day or two? And, of course, Pettette won �t say no..
Come on guys..! This is utter stupidity and unnecessary rigidity in applying rules.. 

i think, once you upload a contribution in this site-- as well as in any other-- it ceases to be yours. It is then the property of the member who NEED it ; this is what i call sharing/helping/proving a sense of altruism and ignoring blind rules whenever necessary.. 

3 Apr 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Actually Abbes Z, before completing registration, one of the agreement points is:

The printables included in this website are property of their authors. When you send us a printable you agree that other people can download and use it.

So, with that in mind, whover uploaded the original work is still the owner of that work. What they choose to do with it is up to them.

A member can:

The printables included in this website can be downloaded for personal use only. You are not allowed to use them for commercial purposes, nor to publish them by any means.

So you are wrong on at least two counts - as far as the registration agreement goes.

I agree that if someone says they can wait a day or two for an item to be sent should do some more work themselves rather than begging.

3 Apr 2009     

Abbes_Z
Morocco

Sorry Alien Boy, but you really didn �t get my point.. i �m not sticking to the legal side of the matter.. Other considerations should have been regarded that being the case, no?

3 Apr 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Your right Abbes Z, I was taking a legalistic perspective & I do get what you �re saying.

In some senses you are correct. Her �good will � has been demonstrated by her membership, so it is reasonable to request assistance. It is then the decision of other members to help or decline. Also, if someone has the desired worksheet, then they certainly can share it as per the terms of registration.

This means that, realistically, the original uploader doesn �t need to be consulted & anyone can proffer the worksheet. It �s a nice ideal but doesn �t take into account the aspect of personality of other members nor the sense of what could be considered to be polite social behaviour by many.

I believe that �s what you were saying, yes?

For myself, I �d just have made a worksheet, even by hand, rather thanbegging for a download - it would probably be easier & quicker.

Cheers!

3 Apr 2009     

Abbes_Z
Morocco

Well, that makes sense. Still, i wouldn �t tell anybody what to do and what not.. Everyone has his/her own circumstances and acts accordingly.. We just have to be understanding and tolerant when needed..

Take care, Alien Boy!

3 Apr 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3