Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > blank    

blank

Caroline565
Australia

blank

3 Apr 2009      

lilytech
Argentina

Caroline,

I ignore why you`re feeling this way today, I mean if you`re speaking in reference to sth negative that has happened to you. But I agree witrh you in the use of pm to solve  issues privately. Actually I `m a regular user of this tool since it is as if we were talking face to face our things.  

3 Apr 2009     

claudiaeusebio
Brazil

I totally agree with you, Caroline. Take good care and have a nice weekend! Big smile

3 Apr 2009     

nesellosiqueira
Brazil

Hello, I agree with you, sometime ago I posted a worksheet and I didnt remenber that I downloaded from this site.... I just was trying to colaborated. And then I recieved many posts saying that I was making a terrible mistake and I will be punished if I send again another copy worksheet and other bad words... I agree, but I made a mistake because I didnt remember that I was copy from Esl. I said sorry but I felt very sad. I think that we a human and we can make mistakes...

3 Apr 2009     

wingyourdreams
Vietnam

Have a nice weekend all! I mean I am happy to be here with such beautiful souls and great contributions of all! I totally agree with Caroline565 regarding posting of our worksheets! Hope we can turn this site into a sharing, caring and tolerating site. Hug

3 Apr 2009     

Tanja80
Germany

I totally agree with Caroline and it makes me wonder what might be taught in the classroom when it comes to social behaviour :(

3 Apr 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

CAROLINE: Firstly let me admit that I should be one of the last to grumble here.

IVONA: But why do you keep saying things like that? As if you didn �t belong here. So what if you haven �t uploaded yet. You �re planning to. It �s better to upload something than anything. No rule on the site says that you must have points in order to join the discussions and express your own opinion.

CAROLINE: All right, all right. I will say no more on that matter.

IVONA: Good. Wink What else did you want to point out?

CAROLINE:
That we may have differing views on some aspects here but that can be a very healthy way of getting a fresh perspective on some matters.

IVONA: Exactly. We seem to be preaching one thing (to our students) and doing another thing(here in the forum). We teach them to respect someone else �s opinion and support their own with good arguments, not with backchat, or snappish remarks. And look at what �s going on here. We just hide our true nature behind the term �teacher �.

CAROLINE:
If I do not agree about something that a colleague may have posted I can use the PM tool to air my view in a sensible and not sarcastic way...in private.

IVONA: Bull �s eye again! Why not send tonnes of PMs to the person who �s done wrong than crucify her/him on the message board? I think it would make more difference. This way we �re just encouraging the person to maybe get back at us and break more rules... If only we put ourselves into others � shoes more often, things would be different, don �t you think?

CAROLINE: ... zzzz ....

IVONA: Caroline, wake up! I know you �re on the other side of the world, but you must listen to me! Hey! You hear me?! (nothing) Ok ... that does it! I �m going to post on the message board about how you treated me unfairly and look for someone �s sympathies there. I �m soppy, i know. But i can �t help it. (exits)

3 Apr 2009