Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Can anyone help me please?    

Can anyone help me please?

mandm
Spain

Can anyone help me please?

Hi teachers!
I have a problem concerning worksheets. When I download certain worksheets and then try to open them in Microsoft Office Word, they are extremely desorganised and all mixed. It annoys me a little bit because I don �t know how to solve it...
Thanks in advance for your replies!Wink

3 Apr 2009      

vanda51
Portugal

Yes, it often happens...

I believe that happens because microsoft word is  word processor and  is not the best software to work with pictures since it is not an image editor.
So  when we open the document the pictures appear all desorganised , and it is true that it is very difficult to organize them, and have not yet discovered the right way to do it .. Perhaps some members have more knowledge in this area than I do and help us ...

HugVanda

3 Apr 2009     

mandm
Spain

Thanks for your reply Vanda!
It �s true that is so difficul to organize them again...It �s not the case with your contributions... Smile as they are a whole picture. I  make the most of the opportunity to thanks you for your exeellent work! Wink

Hugs!Hug

3 Apr 2009     

douglas
United States

It can also happen when the worksheet uses a font that is not on your computer--it then switrches to the default.  I suspect there is something with margins too, but haven �t figured that one out yet.

3 Apr 2009     

kikins
Brazil

Hi there! It can also happen when you use a different version of Word. The "new" word is a bit different than the old one and even though I save my worksheets in the old format (using the new one), sometimes that happens. I also get that when I try to open using open office. 

Maybe the person who uploaded it used a different text editor.

3 Apr 2009