Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Hello friends    

Hello friends

rosammd
Spain

Hello friends

Hello friends!

How are you? I hope you all are fine. I have a doubt, I hope you can help me.

I am thinking aobut buying a laminator machine, but I am not sure which one I should buy, and so the plastics I have to buy. Yesterday I saw some plastics of 80 micres, I don �t know if they are good for our work, maybe we need a plastic with more micres 100 or 125.

What do you think about this?

Have a nice loooooooooong weekend!!!!!

3 Apr 2009      

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi, Rosa
I am not an expert in these situations, however, some years ago I bought the cheapest laminator I could find ( it is a PAVO  - probably you want find it, there, it doesn �t look like the sort of thing sold anywhere ) and the sleeves I use, with normal paper are usually 80mic.
In my opinion, it works well, and they last and last.
You have just got an opinion of someone who doesn �t know much about the subject, but... the fact is that I am happy with what I have got.
See you around, HAPPY WEEKEND

3 Apr 2009     

douglas
United States

I have a cheap laminator too and use 80 mic plastics with normal paper and am real happy with it.  Just make sure you let the machine warm up all the way before you try laminating.

3 Apr 2009     

Pituf
Spain

Hi Rosa,

I �ve got a laminator that works with both 80 - 125 micras, but I always use 80 mic plastics. I �m very happy with it.

3 Apr 2009     

rosammd
Spain

Thank you, I didn �t know whether to use 80 mic plastics or 100, 125. Now, I think I will buy 80 mic plastics and a laminator for 80-100 mic. Thanks you for your comments, you have helped me.  I will buy today, and I will later tell you if it works as I want.

Thanks

Have a nice time!

3 Apr 2009