Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Happy Passover    

Happy Passover

eng789
Israel

Happy Passover

This is dedicated to all those who will be celebrating Passover on Wednesday and anyone who is just curious.

We eat Matza/Matzo/Matzoh - the variations are because it is a Hebrew word which means unleavened bread (no yeast) like a cracker.  Breaking Bread 

Not everyone likes it,  so there is always a problem at the end of the holiday, with what to do with it.

You can watch this to find out.

Happy Passover - from my family to yours. 

5 Apr 2009      

arkel
Ireland

Happy Passover to all my Jewish friendsHug Rosemary

5 Apr 2009     

mariamit
Greece

Happy Passover to all our Jewish friends. Maybe you can sen us a recipe for Matza and we can make it. Thank you for the site eng789. It was interesting.

5 Apr 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

to my all jewish friends...

5 Apr 2009     

eng789
Israel

mariamit - We don �t make the Matza because it is difficult to make.  We buy it the supermarket in a box.  We eat it in place of bread for 1 week in memory of the Jews who fled Egypt with Moses and didn �t have time wait for their bread to rise. 

Some people just spread jam,  cheese or chocolate spread on it and eat it.

Some people soak it in milk or water to soften it and then mix or coat it with egg and fry it like French toast.

We bake cakes using ground matza instead of flour.

I can send you some recipes but you will have to buy some matza in a shop. 

By the way 1 matza = 2 slices of bread - it is fattening.

5 Apr 2009     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

Happy Passover to all Jewish friends!!! HugHugHug
Hug

5 Apr 2009     

mariamit
Greece

Thank you, Barbara (I think). Unfortunately I haven �t seen any sold at the supermarkets here. We don �t really have a lot of Jewish people in the South of Greece of where I live. Actually most of the Greek Jews (Sephardic) were killed  during WWII- 60,000 if I �m correct. But I like learning. Thank you again

5 Apr 2009     

anca13
Romania

Happy Passover!

5 Apr 2009     

eng789
Israel

I �m not sure if it is too early to wish people happy Easter because it isn �t until April 12th,  but I will anyway.

Happy Easter BunnyChick     HatchedEaster BunnyEaster BasketEaster egg peekaboo

By the way,  last Saturday I was in the Old City of Jerusalem, on the Via Delarosa  and the churches were full of pilgrams and there were some men walking Jesus �s route carrying large heavy wooden crosses.  I found it very moving.

Have a wonderful vacation/ holiday.
                                                                         Barbara

5 Apr 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

I LOVE THESE HOLIDAYS!!

5 Apr 2009