Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Let īs make English really communicative for our students!    

Let īs make English really communicative for our students!

ceby
Argentina

Let īs make English really communicative for our students!

Hi! I īve been thinking about this for a couple of days and I think it īs a great idea!
I need a teacher from a non-spanish speaking country who teaches teenagers at an elementary level at school.
The idea is to contact mystudents with students from other countries so that they can make friends or at least feel that they are actually using english to communicate with people from a distant place.

Who would like to try this with me?
My e-mail is [email protected]
please! contact me!!
the first topic would be: A typical day in my life (using Simple Present)

thanks!!

6 Apr 2009      

wingyourdreams
Vietnam

Dear Ceby,

Please send me an email to [email protected], I īll be pleased to start with the first topic with your students. I am just an amateur teacher of English from Vietnam. Have a nice day!

Nguyen Trung Kien

6 Apr 2009     

lacorinita
Italy

Hello!

That īs a great idea! I īve trying to do the same thing but without successful results... I īll be pleased to help my students to establish a link with those ones from Argentina. By the way I live in Italy buy I īm Argentinian too. Send me an email, so we can get in contact. Have a nice week! =)

6 Apr 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

I have a friend who will be teaching her students Spanish in october - december.  They are 11 - 13 year old New Zealand students. She is veyr interested in having some students to email who want to practice their english and use some very basic greetings etc in spanish.   Her preference is Chile but she is happy to work with any native Spanish speakers. 

Regards
Vicki

6 Apr 2009     

mona-lisa
Turkey

hugs from TURKEY

I am a teacher of english at an elementary schoo� in Turkey My studentas are at the age of 13 or 14.I also want them to make friends from other countries to improve their English.İf you are intetested please mail me

6 Apr 2009     

P.Hunt
Italy

ceby,
Have you thought about using Skype in lessons?
There is a random function on Skype where you can connect to random people.  Of course, you should screen the calls, but perhaps it could be fun.  You could give your students a questionnare task and get them to contact people, ask questions and respond.  You could get students to put together a top-ten of questions to ask a stranger.  All of you could use Skype to get your classes to communicate together real-time in the classrooms....a logistical nightmare with different time-zones, but fun. Smile

6 Apr 2009