Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Using basic shapes in Word.docs    

Using basic shapes in Word.docs

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Using basic shapes in Word.docs

Hello, hope you are all fine.
I wonder if any of you has a good tip for my problem. I am working with word.doc, I am doing a game and I am doing the board with basic shapes, but, today, they seem crazy, they don �t stop jumping up and down, right and left. I want to put them one next to the other, to the other and so on, but they go, slightly, up or down, sometimes one gets slightly under the previous one. I used to solve this with the arrows, in the keyboard, but it is not working.
Any ideas, ( great ideas, will be most welcome ).
Thanks, in advance.
Have a nice week.

7 Apr 2009      

eng789
Israel

Right click the object - go to format autoshape - click on layout - click on - tight.     You object might jump  but now you can control it and move to where you want it to be. 

If you have a lot of objects,  set them where you need them then go to Edit on the top bar of your page and choose select all objects. Drag the cursor so it pases over all of them then - right click - click -  grouping - then click group -   this should tie them all together and they won �t jump.  make sure you page size is A4.

Good luck!!

7 Apr 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi, Eng
Thanks a lot, I think I didn �t explain very well what my problem is. Imagine I have two squares . Now, I want a square next to the other, but right in the same horizontal/vertical line, but there seems to be some kind of magnetic force that doesn �t allow it. The second square keeps either a little more up / down, a little more to the left/ right. I can �t align them them. In some older applications there was something called "magnetic" rules which could be turned on/off.Now, I can see them anymore.
Anyway, thanks for your precious time with me, I appreciated

7 Apr 2009     

eng789
Israel

Maybe try drawing a box and try to place them both inside.   Also check your margins theres might not be enough space.  I hate when stuff like that happens. It �s so frustrating.

I hope you can work it out quickly.

7 Apr 2009