Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > HELP with Short Needs Analysis questionnaire!!    

HELP with Short Needs Analysis questionnaire!!

crashid
Peru

HELP with Short Needs Analysis questionnaire!!

Hi everybody!

I really need help desperately!Cry

How to make a short Needs Analysis questionnaire that would help me, to find out what motivates my students to learn and what they want
to learn..

It �s for adults English class, and I have to include open questions.

I apologize for my ignorance, what is an open question? How can I make a good questionnaire? Do you know any site where I can find a ready questionnaire to check and make my own? I would really appreciate your help in this regard.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cecilia Rashid  LOL

8 Apr 2009      

flaviatl
Argentina

Hi Cecilia
 An open question (I think) is a question where the person who answers can say whatever he /she wants. I mean, there are no options given.

Example:

What would you like to learn?  (open: many different answers are possible)

Would you rather learn about grammar or literature? (This question is not open, since only two answers are possible: either grammar or literature)

I know if I �ve been clear... I hope it helps anyway.

I don �t know any sites where you can get already-made quizzes but I just typed "Needs analysis questionnaire" in google and I got thousands of quizzes... Have you tried that?

Good luck,
Flavia.

8 Apr 2009     

flaviatl
Argentina

I meant to say "I don �t know if I �ve been clear.." (Just the opposite of what I actually said. Oops!) 

8 Apr 2009     

flaviatl
Argentina

I meant to say "I don �t know if I �ve been clear.." (Just the opposite of what I actually said. Oops!) 

8 Apr 2009     

Logos
Malaysia

Open questions usually start with the words Who, what, where, when, why, how and which.  These require an answer with is longer than yes or no

So for a needs analysis you can ask questions like:

When do you need to use English
Where do you speak English the most
Why are you learning English
How often do you write in English
What is your main reason for using English

And 100 other different questions, depending upon what you want to find out about your group.

8 Apr 2009     

crashid
Peru

Dear Logos and Flaviatl, Thumbs Up

Thank you so much for the help, I can �t believe the way you are always ready to assist us. I personally do not have much time to check the site. I am your fan Logos.

Flaviatl, thank you for being the first in sending me your support.  I �ve tried the google search but with not much success. I will do a new try today. THANK YOU!

Have a good day!  Hug

Ceci 
Hug

8 Apr 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

this is a link to a questionnaire that may be useful as a guide.

8 Apr 2009