Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > what is allowed and what is not?    

what is allowed and what is not?

appleaday
Canada

what is allowed and what is not?

Hi there!

I made a colouring worksheet using a cut out puppet I found on the web.I gave directions with the sentences I wrote as to what color they should color it like "Color the right leg pink" .  I also gave advice on how to use it in class when teaching prepositions and action words. Now I can �t get it, I see a lot of people using pictures they find on the internet and even completely  taking a worksheet saying it is theirs, but then I come out creating something different and it is reported as a stolen worksheet and taken off by people who have 1000 points. I respect the fact of taking off stolen worksheets, but what is the case in this taking off a worksheet I �ve created?

If someone can explain I �d be happy. At least I �ll be more careful using pictures I find on the internet next time. What is allowed and what is not?

Thanks.

PS. I can e-mail the worksheet to your email if you want to have a look at it.

9 Apr 2009      

libertybelle
United States

If your picture was royalty free and you added your own activities, then I don�t understand either.
Most of us use images we find or scan and then use them to make our own materials stories and worksheets.
I �d really have to see your sheet to see what the problem might be.
L

9 Apr 2009