Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help please!    

Help please!

Maria Isabel
Peru

Help please!

Hi friends:

I �ve seen such wonderful pieces of work on this website that I �m always eager to learn how to improve my own ones, that �s why I �ve been practising with images cutting and pasting to form a new picture...I know we can group pictures so that we can move them as one and then we can separate them if needed.  but I �ve have a problem when I wanted to do this with some images on worksheets I �ve downloaded...it looks as if they were protected or something like that because it �s impossible to separate them and no changes can be made...do you know why this happens?...or how I can manage to put them apart?...I would like to do this because sometimes there are some images which I would like to change for personal purposes or maybe use them but in a different way, can you help me?

Thanks
Maria Isabel

9 Apr 2009      

Maria Isabel
Peru

I �m sorry I meant I �ve had a problem....ooops!

9 Apr 2009     

Marshmallow (F)
France

I think it �s because some of us work with Publisher, they make their document there and then paste it in Word as a whole picture. Then you can �t separate the pictures any more....

9 Apr 2009     

nite
Spain

Hey, it might be because they are pasted from a pdf. I do it sometimes when I need to reduce the size of a ws. I convert it onto pdf and then I pase it onto a word doc.  

9 Apr 2009     

Maria Isabel
Peru

Thanks nite...do you know if there �s a way to separate them once they are pasted from PDF?....or  shall I just give it up?Cry

9 Apr 2009     

rosammd
Spain

You can copy the whole image and then paste it and manipulate with "paint". You can cut images and many other things-

I hope this helps.

9 Apr 2009     

nite
Spain

Oh, I think there �s noway to separate them. If ur talking about any of my ws I could sent them to u by email if u wish 

9 Apr 2009     

dennismychina
China

Hi,

You aren�t able to separate the images once they�ve been through a program like paint. What you can do is use the picture cropping tool in word. Crop the picture to the around the image you want, copy and paste it somewhere else then �uncrop� and �recrop� for the next image. It�s a bit laborious but if you really want that image������

Or you can do as rosammd suggests, however I think you might lose quite a bit of quality

Good luck.

9 Apr 2009