Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > QUESTION    

QUESTION

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

I totally agree with katiana and libertybelle.

And mind you, this is not the first time it �s happened to Katiana. Some people keep copying her STYLE, designs, contents and topics. I �ve seen katiana uploading a ws and the very next day someone uploads a very similar ws, with the same style and the same topic!!!!!Shocked
I �m sure some of you know who I am talking about... Unhappy

I �ve also seen other people copying mpotb �s style, and kamilam �s and domnitza �s, as well as katiana �s.

It �s not only that they copy their style. I �m sure they use the same ws and just modify some contents. Those who do that are jelous of some users here who have their own personal and original style. Very popular users whose ws you can easily recognize at a glance.
Users who work a lot creating great worksheets.

So, please. Stop copying other people �s style thinking we won �t notice (because we do notice) and start making your own stuff and creating your own style.

Have a nice evening,

9 Apr 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

I �m sorry, but here �s me with another link, so i don �t have to repeat what �s been said and repeated and said and repeated over and over and over again.
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=6621
Smile
I would also like to ask a few Qs though:
1 Has constant reporting on the forum changed anything?
2 Have comments saying a ws was stolen stopped (more than a few) members from downloading?
3 Do you not think that reporting about it just gives an idea to new (unscrupulous) members of how to get points in an easier way?
4 Have we not had enough of �whining � (because that �s what it sounds like) on the message board?
5 Shall i nitpick and say that it is stealing if you take a picture from a course book, a picture that has the author �s name on the back cover?
6 Shall we report members whose (bad) command of the English language in the forum does not match the (good) language used in her/his ws?
7 Is it not high time people stopped complaining? Including me!
8 Oh, and does anyone ask the �thief� why he/she did it in a PM?
Smile
To make it clear, i�m NOT on the thieves side. I�m NOT. I KNOW that a lot of hard work is put into creating a decent multi-points ws. What i MIND is constant reporting. It�s like a battle zone:
 the hard working members V an invisible enemy.
Brandishing with the verbal swords has not yet resulted in the fatal blow. Just in getting sympathy from those who have already been there. And that�s all.
I�m on YOUR side. Although i have (quote) "an impolite and rude" way of showing it.

9 Apr 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

well, Katiana, as you can see you are famous :-)
If I were you I wouldn �t get furious as the person who stole your layout is just plain person without creativity... I wouldn �t think high of  taftofa.
It is a shame  taftofa hadn �t ask you for permission, but as you can see, taftofa �s content is VERY SHORT and simple compared to yours...

and taftofa got just 30 points for the "stolen layout and "his" content. And you -Katiana got 450 points.
That shows everything. Your work is 15 times better than tafofa �s Clap Wow, that �s a difference!

On the other hand - some of your other layouts are much more complicated than 6 coloured boxes... I wonder why taftofa hasn �t stolen eg: http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=201791#thetop - I would definitely stole this one as it looks fine in BW too and there are much more boxes and I suppose it took you at least 15 minutes to design the layout LOL

Shhh,  don �t tell anyone, I am going to steal this layout and use it for tenses review Embarrassed
(don �t worry... I do not upload it to net... )

I wonder when someone steals MY boardgame layout, as it took me 2 hours to draw them... :-) Well I think I might shoot the  thief :-D

I still think: the content IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING !
I always look for quality content, not for the frills and colours only... although a innovative design can "sell" the worksheet as well...
Katiana, keep on sharing, do not get annoyed :-*

9 Apr 2009     

sveta6464
Ukraine

Ivona & Caroline565,

Perhaps you will care more about such things when you have submitted something of value yourself and when you have developed a style of your own. By the way, I am also a newcomer to the site, but unlike you, I respect teachers like Katiana who are prepared to share such fantastic material with us. 

Sveta

9 Apr 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

My dear sveta6464. �But you have missed my point totally. I DO care about the stealing of other �s hard work.. I DOOO! I am totally with you on that! It is so wrong and mean to do it. �It is just that there IS a place (provided by Victor) to complain about it! �I do not mean to be rude at all. Please forgive me if I have upset you. �It is just that I think that it would be nice to keep the complaints from Message Board. �Am I wrong in wishing for that? �

10 Apr 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

SVETA: ... but unlike you, I respect teachers like Katiana who are prepared to share such fantastic material with us.

IVONA: Dear Sveta, did you not get my point? My point is that constant reporting about the stolen worksheets has not been fruitful. It �s futile. There are no results. It �s meaningless. THAT is my point. NOT that i do not respect others � work. NOT that i defend the thieves. NOT that i �m a hateful resentful brazen uptight grumpy B. BUT that the method against the ills on the site are WRONG and that turning the message board into a complaint board will not lead anywhere.

SVETA: You are rude and impolite.

IVONA: Yes, it �s the second time i �ve head that here. But you cannot see me, you cannot hear me, therefore should not judge me. Why not shake the prejudices off and think the opposite? That i �m well meaning and straightforward?

SVETA: ...

IVONA: Oh, before you say anything else and judge my creativity, you could check my posts that eye started and see my style, see what eye�m good at and unselfishly shared. You might find it useful, you might not. Unfortunately, i cannot give you the links where i helped people with the things they needed. And mind you, the tone of my �voice� here is NOT argumentative or daring ... I�m just stating some facts. (let me put a smiley, or you�ll think i want to devour you) Smile

P.S. Btw, you should leave Caroline out of this. She�s a lovely woman, and as everyone else here she has her own problems in spite of which she has uploaded a worksheet. Way to go, Caroline! I�ll keep my fings crossed for you and download, of course!

10 Apr 2009     

< Previous   1    2