Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Plz help me     

Plz help me

saharteno
Kuwait

Plz help me

Hello every one ,this is year am teaching grade one, i have 23 pupils in my class. 4 of these students i can not controle them. they moved all the time, talk with out permision and when my studends start to flollow the lesseon they start to interupt til i lose the control on the whole class  :( :( :( :(  i tried many things to encaurage them to concentrait and participate,  i get tired . any one have any ideas ? so i controle these noisy students?

10 Oct 2008      

class centre
Belarus

Dear Saharteno,
 I am a 30 year experience teacher. I run my private English school. What I know for sure is the following.
To keep children�s attention is easy if they :
1. have something to do individually
2. are given in their hands toys, pictures, cards to work with
3. are given a very simple task ( normally they are not brilliant students) and a promise to be given a prize ( a sticker. a small but interesting thing, a star,  something material...)  after they complete it well. You will be surprised with how diligently they will work!
Be patient, don�t raise your voice, pat them on the shoulder and encourage. The reason for their bad behaviour is lack of attention in their families or school.
Good luck!
Natasha

10 Oct 2008     

gilorit
Israel

Dear Natasha
I agree with everything you wrote - It surely works for me.
But, there will always be the one, two kids (or sometimes more) that are more difficult to cope with. We have to have a lot of patience.
Orit :-)

10 Oct 2008     

hamid993
United States

Try finding them a suitable place in the class. e.g. next to the wall so they just can�t move around. If they stand up don�t look at them in the eye or pay attention to them continue what you are doing and take their hands and put them back in their chair without and attention. Once they know they can�t get your attention thru this way they will learn. Also try the advice above.

10 Oct 2008     

Tere-arg
Argentina

Hi saharteno,

Those children are usually trying to attract attention for some reason. In most cases, they DO need some attention, care and love.
I have solved this kind of problem by finding some task they really enjoyed and making them feel they "do count" and not for their behaviour.

Hope it works for you too...Smile

10 Oct 2008