Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Any Ideas???    

Any Ideas???

Little Miss Lady
Spain

Any Ideas???

Helloo again! Hows this weekend going? Its a pity that the holiday is coming to its end :(. But anyways, Im still working hard here and Im sure all of you are too.

This time im developing the house unit, with parts of the house, objects in them, and family members, so Ss can construct sentences like: �My mother is cooking in the kitchen �. I �ve also addeed prepositions, just so they can distinguish between them.

My question this time is, if anyone has marvalleous ideas like last time and could help me? I know about the Shoe box house, which is wonderful and some worksheets which I have made too, but are there any tips for other activ, games, songs, or for introducing the topic? Im sure I will receive fantastic responses from you! You teachers are all great! THANKS!!!! :)

12 Apr 2009      

mjotab
Spain

Hello, this may be too simple, but my students love it. They create a room in groups, and with all the rooms we make a house to display in class. They are in that process now, you can see it here:

http://picasaweb.google.es/lh/photo/vQ2kgdbBVvL0KbB-Jz1nhA?feat=directlink

The "artist" of the group tells the other members what they have to bring for the room and they together stick the furniture and decorate the room.
They can do it at home or in class, whatever suits you better. It does not take them long and all the rooms together make a wonderful house.

12 Apr 2009     

nite
Spain

Hi there, u can divide your students and show them a pic of a room to each group. Then they have to perform it (one is the fridge, other the cook, etc and one is who uses the room). The rest of the groups should guess what room is performed, what furiture is in it and what is the person doing. I can tell u it �s great fun!

12 Apr 2009     

Popina
Uruguay

Hi! I  had this great idea a couple of years ago. Its for your bulletin board. Ss draw a big , cute house (just the front of the house) and on the door and the windows (which you have to cut or leave open) they have to draw one or two family members depending on how big the family is. I�ll tell you parents love this craft when it�s finished!

Another great idea is to ask ss. to do little cards with household objects written on them and to put them in their houses. This is a fun idea because not only your student will be looking at the object and learning the name all the time, but parents can be learning too.
Hope it helps! ByeSmile

12 Apr 2009     

Little Miss Lady
Spain

Thanks! All ur ideas are great!

12 Apr 2009