Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Book Day / Motherīs day    

Book Day / Motherīs day

Popina
Uruguay

Book Day / Motherīs day

Hi everyone! Sorry to bother you But I want to ask for some ideas as Book Day and Motherīs Day is coming here in Uruguay. I would like some ideas of what to do for each date. Iīve been having different ideas for nine years but now Iīm running out of them.
For motherīs day we always do crafts, not cards. So far weīve made an agenda, a portrait, weīve delivered flowers to each mom, etc.
For Book Day weīve had our reading corner, Teacherīs reading stories to the ss etc.
So new ideas will be really apreciated. Thanxs in advanced!!Thumbs Up

12 Apr 2009      

eng789
Israel

You can have them make books.

How about making books about their mothers?  Or maybe making recipe books for their mothers.  Each kid could bring in a simple recipe and you can work on translating them into English and then put together a small recipe book for each mom.  I guess I should ask what their English level is.

12 Apr 2009     

brookee
United States

Hi Popina---

I have never heard of īBook Day. ī  Can you tell us more about it?   When is it?  Where is it celebrated?

---Brooke

12 Apr 2009     

ssrl10
Spain

It is celebrated on April 23th, to commemorate the death of Cervantes and Shakespeare, the most important writers in history, who died on the same day.

Have you thought of a contest? For example, chose a topic, and then students have to guess characters or famous sayings. The one who guess the most wins the contest. I have prepared one myself with famous book characters and sayings. I put them on a wall three times a week and they have to complete a factsheet with information about the characters. If you want to, I can create a file with all of them and pass them on to you.

12 Apr 2009     

tuuli
Estonia

And when you have made books, then you can also make a bookmark. I īll one with my students tomorrow. It is really easy - consists of 2 circles.  If you are interested then I can send you photos and instructions for making one. Smile

12 Apr 2009     

lizzysil
Peru

wow tuuli your idea is excellent please share this. It would be really helpful....good luck!!!!!
You īre very creative  Smile
Love and kisses
LIzzy

12 Apr 2009