Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > P/VICTOR - WHY OLD WS ARE BEING REMOVED BECAUSE JUST 1 MEMBER SAID SO????    

P/VICTOR - WHY OLD WS ARE BEING REMOVED BECAUSE JUST 1 MEMBER SAID SO????

SusanBrown
Netherlands

P/VICTOR - WHY OLD WS ARE BEING REMOVED BECAUSE JUST 1 MEMBER SAID SO????

the new rules are fair?  should them be valid for april and the following months..and not for old ws?..so why a ws with only 1 comment and not proved that it is true...can be removed???? it is not 50%..just 1 member says no..in my view more members should vote and not only 1..... and the system accept????new rules should be improved...to be valid just now and not with old ws..what can we do????? is it fair enough????

12 Apr 2009      

alien boy
Japan

If a worksheet has been rejected & you can show that it is either a valid printable or not stolen then email Victor. This will give him an opportunity to see how many members are not happy with the process (which can help him make adjustments) as well as supporting your claim that your work is valid.

All uploads that are not according to the rules are currently & always have been reportable for Victor�s review - there�s no need to change that now!

Perhaps the onus should be on the reviewing panel for a member to always provide a comment with the original source noted in the case of considering an upload to be stolen. Without the source, then a printable cannot be deleted (innocent until proven guilty...). This should make some of the issues with �scanned� worksheets a little more consistent rather than just judging a worksheet on its looks & having just one member who believes that if something is scanned then it must be stolen (�it ain�t necessarily so�... hum, hum, hum).

Or maybe there should be a minimum number of votes required (total of �yes� & �no�) to remove an upload - like 3, 5, or my personal pick - 13!

12 Apr 2009     

ssrl10
Spain

I agree with alien boy. Today I happened to meet 7 old worksheets which are all of them the same and, at the same time, all of them copied from the same site, and I reported them. Sometimes we don�t notice copied or stolen worksheets till we look for a certain topic and we find them. I think that if they are being removed is because the person who reported it provided the original source and if they are on a website with copyright Victor has decided to get rid of them without having them voted. Sometimes there is no need for votation: there are direct copies from famous sites.

12 Apr 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

The number of comments left do not reflect the amount of people who have voted. If I vote and the the link is already given I do not leave a comment.
What this task has done is really open my eyes to the mammoth job that Victor has been doing.

12 Apr 2009     

_babz
Canada

i think the new system is a good one.....perfect? no..but good

there are some users who keep on stealing....and worst, who keep on uploading their material over and over again................

to the users that do this: a- it �s not fair, cause it �s like advertising your stuff (we �d all like to do that, especially since most of our greatest things were uploaded at the very start of our account)  and

b- it �s a waste of space...

back again to the reporting system: i think when we report, we should at least tripple check, to be sure it was a stolen worksheet.....we should check the dates!

and the person who first reports should provide us with the link of the original.....

finally, i �m really glad this system exists...cause otherwise.....the cost of keeping wasted space (from empty or copied or doubled files) would eventually turn eslprintables into a paying site: and of course..nobody wants that....better to donate whatever you can afford!

12 Apr 2009     

victor
Spain

Hello,

If you see only one comment it doesn �t mean that only one person voted. The comments are optional.
All reported worksheets are voted by many users before they are removed.

12 Apr 2009     

freddie
Canada

I agree with Ladybird, why shouldn`t old worksheets be reviewed? If they don �t agree with the rules, we don �t need them.

And I agree with tbablis, wasting space with doubled uploads is just sad.

12 Apr 2009     

eng789
Israel

I was just looking through some old wss and saw this description - 

"For new members - some nice pictures for you to decorate your wss with."

I assume this is the type of thing you are talking about. 

This person had 20 downloads. 

I agree  with freddie and ladybird,  if the new rule affects the new wws, then  it should also  be used for the old ones.

12 Apr 2009