Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > MY WORKSHEET IS NOT STOLEN    

MY WORKSHEET IS NOT STOLEN

ssrl10
Spain

MY WORKSHEET IS NOT STOLEN

Just because I reported stolen worksheets yesterday some people are taken revenge saying that my worksheet on verbs and tenses is copied or stolen. Copied from whom? Stolen from whom? Mention the sources. I made it myself. I did not copy it from anywhere and nobody can prove it is copied. There are many sites with tables or charts but none is like the one I created. I think that it is not fair just to blame someone because other people stole worksheets and I reported them. I knew this would happen.
So, the solution is just to remain silent and let those who copy worksheets get their way and if not, my worksheets will be said to be stolen?
By the way, thanks to all of you who are telling me that you trust me and have voted no.
I really don�t see the point on blaming someone without proves. It took me 3 hours to complete the charts! When I see a clearly stolen worksheet I report it giving the source. I want the suposedly copied source because I am sure you won�t find any.
I think the best thing is to remove all my worksheets and stop making contributions to people who just can assume that they stole a copy and I reported it and just want to take revenge. That�s childish!
PD: at least, let me know whom I stole my worksheets from I would like to know, because that sounds silly.

13 Apr 2009      

Paree
India

I agree with you....I have not Voted against your worksheets as I feel your work is Orignal

Cheers

13 Apr 2009     

ssrl10
Spain

Thank you to all of you who have sent me messages telling me none of my worksheets is copied. You are right, I have to ignore the comments of all those people who are telling me to close my account because there are many good people here. Sorry for having been so upset by these comments at the beginning and thank you all for your comments in private and here.Hug

13 Apr 2009     

Logos
Malaysia

Please can I request that we act as responsible adults on this site.  It seems that some people are acting worse than our children!!!  "You told teacher on me, so I �m going to tell on you" is the sort of thing we hear from kids and here I am reading about it on a forum which is supposed to be used by teachers and professionals

I am not attributing blame to any of the parties mentioned above but I do hope that we are mature enough to accept criticism, to rectify mistakes and not get involved in tit for tat type of actions.

As a member who is checking reported worksheets I have often seen comments that say "this worksheet is stolen"  but there is no reference to the original document, website or text book it is taken from. 

Can I suggest that if you are going to report a worksheet stolen you MUST state precisely where the original is located so that this can be verified.  Just because someone writes �STOLEN � in big letters may not be accurate.

I have seen comments that say things like "I have seen this before, but cannot remember where".  In this case, until the original has been found the worksheet should not be deleted and not considered stolen.

I am not criticising ssrl10 (what a name to remember!!) but can we please ALL act a little more responsibly and make this site work in the spirit it was intended - to share resources and HELP each other - NOT back bite and criticise.

13 Apr 2009     

pirchy
Israel

I totally agree with Logos. We cannot accuse members of steaing without any proof - it is both rude and insulting.
So if someone suspects any ws is stolen, make an effort to discover the source whether it �s a website or a book. This way we can all act responsibly. After all, we all share this great site and we want to keep it this way.
BTW,  I also voted against removing ssrl10 �s ws. I think they are wonderful as I wrote on my comments on them.
Have a great week, everyone!Hug

13 Apr 2009     

ESL
United States

where do you look on here to see what was reported? Who votes? How did they become the head-honchos? How do you become a head-honcho????

13 Apr 2009