Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Why Do People Take Up Message Board Saying Hello, Goodnight, and Goodmorning?    

Why Do People Take Up Message Board Saying Hello, Goodnight, and Goodmorning?

cheezels
New Zealand

Miss ESL of Illinois
United States

This is the first time that you were specifically mentioned. If you look on EVERY reported "stolen" worksheet, you are there making comments. Please find something better to do, be polite and comment on good work, instead of being the ESL police.

This is actually a bit unfair don �t you think? At least she is leaving her name beside any comments that she is leaving regarding the reported printables.
Stolen and copied work is not acceptable here. End of story. No grey areas it very straight forward really. Why is that concept so hard for people to understand???

Also Victor has clearly stated many times that he values and appreciates everyone who reports and keeps an eye out for things that are copied and stolen as THIS IS HIS SITE and HE gets to CHOOSE WHAT HE WANTS TO HAPPEN HERE.

ONE of the times he has commented here: before the new system started, but important to use as an example because he states WHY people who report worksheets are a valuable resource of this site.

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=3059

victor
Spain

I understand those who "shout" STOLEN,STOLEN,...
When you see a copied printable it means that the user:
1. Didn�t read the terms of use when s/he registered.
2. Didn�t read the welcome email.
3. Didn�t read the instructions in the uploading page, in bold and red.
What makes you think that they will read the messages, if you don�t "shout"?
Anyway, let�s keep calm. If they continue ignoring the messages, they will get banned from the website. That�s all. There is no need to shout them.
I prefer comments like this:

We would like to see your own creations. If you need help to make them you can find wonderful tutorials in this website.

(And report as stolen, of course.)

Anyway, I want to say that those users that report stolen worksheets are doing something very important for this website. They are not here just to be cops, mrnicolas. In fact, they are usually the best contributors, that spend hours creating wonderful worksheets and get very dissapointed when they see users getting points for a copied worksheet.
Mrnicolas, I think your post is a good example of what we should avoid: rude words in capital letters.

So lets all calm down, and actually RESPECT the sites owner as well as each other.
Lets face it, if people actually respected Victors wishes from the very start THEN THERE WOULD BE NO PROBLEMS.
Have you ever heard of the the saying don �t shoot the messenger?
It is the people who copy and steal that you need to direct your anger to.... NOT the people who report them.

14 Apr 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

Miss ESL,
Whose nasty words are you talking about? Your own?

Have you read Victor �s words about those who report stolen or useless stuff? He said:
I want to say that those users that report stolen worksheets are doing something very important for this website. They are not here just to be cops
Do you understand these words or do we have to explain them to you?

So stop accusing ladybird because when she leaves comments she �s following Victor �s rules. If you don �t like them you know what you can do.
As far as I know, these rules say NOTHING at all about leaving good night or good wishes comments, so YOU �RE the one who is not following Victor �s rules. Got it?

Ladybird, as many others, leaves comments when it �s necessary.
-You started this absurd post complaining about other peoples good wishes, instead of complaining about useless stuff.
-You are the one who is trying to rule the site saying what we can or can �t say on the forum.

Well, as I told you before, stop complaining about good wishes other people have, stop complaining about Victor �s rules and those who help him and start contributing with USEFUL worksheets.

As cheezels said, direct your anger to those who copy, steal or upload useless ws and not to the people who report them.

14 Apr 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3