Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I have a problen.    

I have a problen.

liati
Israel

I have a problen.

Dear friends/coleagues.

I want to share with you a problem I faced:
Yesterday I realized that about 100 points were omitted from my account.
Then I read some messages from senior members (owning more than 1000 points):
Telling that my pages (mostly frames) weren �t adequate!
Maybe they are right? But the fact is:
a. 100 members found them adequate and already downloaded them.
b. You can �t "punish" and only then set the rules.
Therefore, I think these points should be given back to me.
I �d like to read your opinions on this issue.

Liat

14 Apr 2009      

cheezels
New Zealand

Hi there, while I understand that you are disappointed, Victor the sites owner has made very clear what he wants on his site:

We only accept ESL resources written in English language. A frame, a border or a single drawing is not an ESL resource. Remember that this website is not a clipart collection.

In the reporting section he has even down the side given examples of what is acceptable and not so that the people voting can understand and not be hasty. On the whole people are voting on the side of caution, especially with regard to worksheets that have been flagged as copied or stolen from other members. A direct weblink must be given.

I don �t make the rules of this website. Victor does, and as this website has grown he has made the rules of what materials he wants here on his site. He added the part about frames a while ago now. So the bottom line is the part written in orange above. Giving opinions in the end are not going to solve anything, and maybe it would have been better for you to write to Victor directly so that he could explain to you why. This is his site and we need to respect what he wants for his site.

14 Apr 2009     

jorge.uk
Poland

Hi im very unhappy with what i�ve found here...im looking for worksheets for one of my studants and i found this website...but many things here werent true...i know we all need to share our worksheets but everything how it works should be visible....like you�re not gonna get anything if you dont install the shitty toolbar and if you dont send anything you�re not gonna get anything....this is a waste of time doing everything and in the end you dont get anything...
if i get something with this sitty toolbar your website is gonna be reported.

make things VISIBLE for everyone....tell every step..dont make them make their accounts and find out they not gonna get anything....

fucking assholes!!!!

14 Apr 2009     

eng789
Israel

to Jorge    -  We don �t need xxxxxxxxxxxxx like you here.  You are welcome not to join.

14 Apr 2009     

gabitza
Romania

Dear jorge.uk,
That kind of language is not acceptable! Not from a teacher! What do you teach your students with this attitude? The rules are rules. If you do not like them, feel free to search for ESL worksheets somewhere else. We all started from the scratch here! And we did it! With patience and hardwork. If you don �t have these qualities, you clearly don �t belong here!
Gabitza

14 Apr 2009     

alien boy
Japan

I don �t know who told you the toolbar was necessary, either! You really don �t need to install it (but you may need to install a language filter...)

14 Apr 2009     

ana m
Spain

To Jorge    -      I couldn �t believe my eyes when I have seen your words and the way you speak, and I wonder..... Are you a teacher?

14 Apr 2009     

Nuria08
Spain

To Jorge  - things are very simple, Jorge. If you don �t like our page, don �t visit it. Have a nice day.

14 Apr 2009     

gloriawpai
Brazil

To Jorge - you have 0 points and have done nothing to share. Why are you complaining?

14 Apr 2009     

nkappa
Greece

My God!!!!!

Gabitza you �re sooooo right!

14 Apr 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

AB is right too! Where do i find a language filter?? I would love to have one and send it as a pressie to some people i know. (Not necessarily here) Smile

14 Apr 2009     

1    2    Next >