Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Don īt add your comments anymore - you get punished     

Don īt add your comments anymore - you get punished

victor
Spain

Dear Olaola,

6 months ago it was me alone who had to review reported contributions. It was hard work, and I only had time to review and remove the stolen ones (copied).
Now, with the help of many users, we are trying to improve the website trying to make clear what kind of resources we are expected to share here.
Please  understand that nobody is judging the quality of your work. It might be great, but it is not what we are supposed to share in this website.

14 Apr 2009     

_babz
Canada

Keep up the good work Victor.....there is always going to be people who complain....

the only thing that I have said in these forums: be sure to report things...don`t just report worksheets cause you don`t like what you see OR cause you hate the user...etc...etc

take care!

14 Apr 2009     

morganalin
Portugal

Victor your work is fantastic and I īm always on your side. This site is amazing and tbabalis is right when he says that there is always going to be people who complain...
Keep up the great work

14 Apr 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

I īm happy that this site is always improving . Thanks to Victor and the many members who are always trying to make the best of this wonderful site.

I think the moderators � work will give this site more credibility and appreciation.
Go ahead and keep it up!!!!

Nebal

14 Apr 2009     

gabitza
Romania

Dear teachers,
If we call ourselves teachers, we could as well accept criticism or advice.  There īs nothing to lose but a lot to gain if we do so. Moreover, this site is continuously growing. Teachers from all over the world want to be part of it - guess why? Because they find quality work here, right? Why not keep up the standards? There are plenty of junk resources on the net, more or less free. If everything here is free and high quality, who is going to gain but we and our students?!

Rules are rules everywhere. Including in your family. Now ESLprintables is our family. At least I am 100% sure that most of the members feel this way. In a family you greet one another, right? You tell one another what īs good and what īs wrong, and why is that! 

At the beginning it was hard for me too, as it is for everyone, I guess. But I am dedicated to my work and I constantly seek improvement. Like you do! We are human beings, we must set ideals and high standards, that īs what makes us different from animals. We must dream and we must go for our dreams. I did it. So did thousands of other teachers. So will you, teachers who are new to this site.

Don īt let bitterness affect your thinking. I too voted for and against Ws reported. I too reported WS. I also deleted my own 64 points ws (Christmas bookmarks / doorhangers) and some other very old Ws with less points. Why? First, because I don īt like them anymore. Second, because the one mentioned was not really an ESL resource (I use bookmarks and doorhangers to reward my SS). Anyone dedicated enough could make bookmarks, doorhangers, stickers and other printables as long as they want to do it. They can because they THINK they can! You learn by doing! Last, I didnīt wait for the moderators to report my Ws. I felt it was my responsability to take a look and delete what was unnecessary. If someone considered my work is not ESL resource, I would give it a serious though. If they were right, I would try harder next time. If they were wrong, I would defend my work with arguments. It think this is a fair behaviour. 

This site is a treasure! Cherrish it!

Gabitza

14 Apr 2009     

Sonn
Russian Federation

If someone considered my work is not ESL resource, I would give it a serious though. If they were right, I would try harder next time. If they were wrong, I would defend my work with arguments. It think this is a fair behaviour. I wonder how would you defend it if it is deleted and you don īt even have an opportunity to give arguments? And what would you do if some of the moderators writes you "Its insulting to even have to vote to have this removed. NOT AN ESL RESOURCE/ONLY CLIPART." and you don īt even know the name of the person and you can īt give him/her you arguments? Why do the moderators use such cruel words? I think it īs offensive and insulting to a person who created a flash-card wich was successfully used in a class and who just wanted to share it with the others! If this site doesn īt need flash-cards - don īt have such a category in the sending field and people will send only worksheets or lesson plans! Or at least give a defenition of the word "flash-card"!

14 Apr 2009     

Naranjas
Russian Federation

Gabitza, you īre so right!!!
I also removed the ones that don īt meet my standards today and upgraded one of them for everyone īs benefit.�
I don īt understand why people spend so much time complaining instead of improving.
And yes, it seemed impossible to get those 30 points when I first came to the site and my knees were trembling when I opened the site the day after I downloaded my things...but they got those points in two days ...and you should have seen how I was jumping and shouting at 𦅙y poor husband "They liked them! I got 30 points! Wow!". He thought I was crazy :)
And what warm feeling can you get from stealing, downloading things from the Internet or complaining? - nothing, only stupid points...

14 Apr 2009     

Naranjas
Russian Federation

Gabitza, you īre so right!!!
I also removed the ones that don īt meet my standards today and upgraded one of them for everyone īs benefit.�
I don īt understand why people spend so much time complaining instead of improving.
And yes, it seemed impossible to get those 30 points when I first came to the site and my knees were trembling when I opened the site the day after I downloaded my things...but they got those points in two days ...and you should have seen how I was jumping and shouting at 𦅙y poor husband "They liked them! I got 30 points! Wow!". He thought I was crazy :)
And what warm feeling can you get from stealing, downloading things from the Internet or complaining? - nothing, only stupid points...

14 Apr 2009     

Naranjas
Russian Federation

Gabitza you īre so right!
Why are people so touchy about pictures from the Internet and stolen worksheets? If your work is so great then prove it by downloading more useful things! If your flashcards are removed download them again with a lesson plan and description of a game. Don īt keep protecting yourself nobody here is going to fight, people only try to set a high standard so that this site 㗖as only high quality material! No one is interested in hurting your feelings, so why attract attention to them?�
If you don īt like the rules of the site find something else.�
And I really can īt get it why people who have more than 100 points are so upset when they lose 5 or 10... I removed two of my printables today without even thinking of loosing points - where could I possibly use more than 50 a month? And I try to send things at least once in a month so I īll get new points anyway...

14 Apr 2009     

Akanah
Spain

Hi there Sonn,

The definition of flash-card has already been given by Victor: a complete set of flash-cards with English words on them.  You can īt upload just a picture and call it "flash-card". I guess it īs just a matter of space. You can share these flash-cards in a whole thematic set (6, 8 per sheet?) and then they can be enlarge by the members who download them. But, remember, there must be an explanation or/and some English words.

14 Apr 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >