Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Something I needed to say...    

Something I needed to say...

veraviana
Portugal

Something I needed to say...

Hello everybody! I �ve been a member of this wonderful site for a few months now but this is the first time I �m writing here. I �d like to say that in this website I �ve found extremely talented people whose contributions have already helped me a lot. I haven �t contributed much yet because this school year has been really tiring and demanding but I hope to start contributing more from July on. Although I never write a comment when I download something (mostly because of lack of time), it doesn �t mean that I don �t appreciate that person �s work. Quite the opposite really...since I �m downloading it. I don �t think we should write something everytime we do it. Most people always write �Thank you for sharing � and don �t bother writing a more detailed and appraising comment. I �ve sent a few private messages to the ones whose work is really good and deserves to be acknowledged and I personally believe this is better than the usual �Thanks �. But that �s just me... I �d also like to point out that there are a few people here who should be more careful when they decide a worksheet is not �according to the rules �. I mean, one of my worksheets has been removed because it was only a picture to colour for Father �s Day (aren �t there always pictures to colour in printables every day?). Well, I �m teaching little kids this year as well and I could really use some different pictures once in a while. That �s why I thought it was something I should upload. Besides, I �ve added some text to the picture and it was intended to be an activity card so... Anyway, I �d also want to say something to Victor. You have written a message to me saying that one of my contributions was a copy from the Internet (again a picture to colour but with some transformations) and, although I had already seen some other printables like that, I kept my mouth shut. However, I was extremely angry to see that another member had uploaded the exact same picture (with no transformations whatsoever) the following day and it was ready to be downloaded. Really, what are the criteria after all? Well, I just needed to get this out my chest... Enjoy the rest of the school year dear teachers! ^__^

14 Apr 2009      

Betti :)
Hungary

Dear Veraviana,

I �ve been here for a few months as well, but for me it is a nice feeling and a real acknowledgement if I get even a simple "thx for sharing" note. As for me, this is a�nice�thing to do and I also do it as often�as�possible :) Saying thank you is not a big effort but can mean a lot for sy else :)

Betti

14 Apr 2009     

cecio_13
Argentina

I feel so sad when my worksheets are downloaded... and I get no comments... Cry

15 Apr 2009     

zailda
Brazil

If you see a copy or a ws that is not an ESL resource, just report it and it �ll be delected. In fact everyone is free to upload whatever s/he wants, it �ll be available for downloads but if someone reports, it will be removed and the member will not get the points. The wss are not delected BEFORE being published, so you can find non-ESL material among today �s contribution, but they all will be delected in 12 hours - if someone reports them.

15 Apr 2009