Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Empty contributions    

Empty contributions

Anna P
Brazil

Empty contributions

At first I was amazed at the number of blank worksheets but I began to notice that most of them were not uploaded by mistake. Instead of just surprised I began to feel suspicious.  Ermm I noticed that at least 6 people are members of this site without ever uploading any printable.  Their blank sheet (sometimes with witty comments) is their only contribution. They cannot download our materials but they can participate in the forum and even send personal messages to our members. They have access to names, profiles and even e-mails.  I don�t want to be unfair but, in my opinion, Victor could cancel these accounts. What do you think?

Anna

15 Apr 2009      

BashayerS
Kuwait

Am with you..It �s so unfair

I work so hard to make worksheets and i feel responsible to bring out something worth downloading although am a new member here. I really appreciate you telling us this.

These people are like stealing points from us! don �t you think? fooling us to download empty pages!

15 Apr 2009     

zailda
Brazil

If you have a YouTube profile and you are reported you receive a warn and your video is delected; if you are reported for the 2nd time, you are warned and your profile is delected. If a person uploaded material that is not according to the site rules, first time s/he could be warned and the file delected; 2nd time, the profile could be delected as most of others sites � policy. It �s just a suggestion and an example to show it wouldn �t be unfair since other sites use this policy and de members are aware of it.

15 Apr 2009     

eng789
Israel

I agree!!!

15 Apr 2009     

alien boy
Japan

What �s wrong with participating in the forums? If they don �t have any material that has been downloaded (even if they have many useless uploads) then they don �t have any points to download with! Certainly remove their useless worksheets... but I don �t know about deleting their accounts. I remember it took me a while before I uploaded anything half decent to get enough points to download anything.... & I have been (at times) a very regular member of the forum community!

15 Apr 2009     

eng789
Israel

AB - I bet you uploaded something quickly.  But there are a lot of files where nothing has been uploaded.    I think maybe 2 months should be enough time to give someone to upload something.  If the file is empty - then it is just taking up space.  If they have uploaded something and made an attempt to share then leave it.

15 Apr 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

I agree with eng789. There are two many useless worksheets and some strange things are happening here like users with one contribution with more points... Confused and users who just upload empty ws or very strange ws (What for?), etc. I thinks this place should be "cleaned".

15 Apr 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

Sorry, I think, not I thinks (I haven �t had my coffee yet, LOL )

15 Apr 2009     

freddie
Canada

In some cases I suspect t isn �t an accident and it isn �t just someone not downloading anything. There was a case I saw last night where one member had contrıbuted 50 worksheets and 45 of them were completely blank. There were a few real worksheets uploaded but only one or two people had downloaded them so the member didn �t have a lot of points. The curious thing was that several of the empty worksheets had been downloaded!! I thought that was odd.

At any rate, unless there is some way that one could upload 45 genuine worksheets that become empty on uploading, this looks like abuse and appears to be just a childish way to express anger. In this case, shouldn �t the account be deleted ?

15 Apr 2009