Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Out for good...    

Out for good...

HMaria
Portugal

Out for good...

Hi,
I�m new here and I came across this site through a friend  who was banned from the site.
She sent a set of worksheets taken from some site but altered and adapted, but as she sent all in one day when she saw Victor�s e-mail reporting the stolen picture and warning that if she posted another one she would be banned, it was too late, she had posted an all set just in one day and she couldn�t do anything.

The point is she told me she started sending just original works but then she saw that a lot of the worksheets in this site were taken from books or sites and that nothing happened and that that teachers had a great amount of points, so she did the same and she was banned right away...

I too see a lot of copies from books...I�m sad because if some can others should too...

I agree with trying to make an all original work site but I think that by sharing our original work the others can change it and copy the pictures or the ideas and pass away...and I don�t care...I think we have to think in our ss and I�ve learned a lot from all of the good teachers here, but I�m sure I�ve thaught a little also. And it is by sharing, adapting and copying that the good works are made. All of us are inspired by something we saw, someone�s work and then make our own, a bit diferent or a lot diferent. I�m proud to see that my ideas are useful and don�t mind seeing them in other people�s hands because they are for the ss to enjoy and I�m glad I helped and, above all, I made them to the ss not to be selfishly mine to keep...

Think about this... ...

Thank youEmbarrassed

HMaria

10 Oct 2008      

ichacantero
Honduras

Hi Maria, hi Ladybird, hi everyone Big smile!!

I must agree with Ladybird, if your friend was making original worksheets and they saw that other members posted stolen ones and so she decided to do the same, I�m sorry to say this, but I lose respect for a person like this. I�m really not trying to be mean and I�m known here for being a person who believes in second chances... but when I read your post, I was disappointed to read that someone decided to do wrong because others do, and that�s one of the things we�ve fought for a long time. I think your friend should follow the right members� lead and just post original material, that�s a behavior worth copying Wink

About already having posted her printables when Victor warned her, I think she should have deleted them immediately, since there�s an option to do so. I bet that if she wrote to him saying "I�m sorry, just give me time to delete them", Victor would have probably given her the chance.

I hope this isn�t taken the wrong way, I�m in no way trying to be rude or disrespectful Embarrassed

Cheers,

Icha

11 Oct 2008     

ichacantero
Honduras

"I too see a lot of copies from books...I�m sad because if some can others should too..."

I have to disagree on this as well, I think that is we see stolen material, we should report it, and as I said in my previous post, we shouldn�t try to copy the wrongdoing of some members.

11 Oct 2008     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi, Maria
I am so sad when I see some Portuguese fellow doing mess............
You wrote:
FIRST - " I�m new here and I came across this site through a friend  who was banned from the site."

Second -"
and I�ve learned a lot from all of the good teachers here, but I�m shore I�ve teached a little also.

So, my conclusion :
You are new here, someone you know has uploaded stolen material, YOU ( you are new ) HAVE LEARNED A LOT FROM ALL THE GOOD TEACHERS HERE, ( WOW... you learn fast, you are new here, and you have learnt a lot )

AND
You are "SHORE" ( probably "sure") you HAVE TEACHED ( should I say thaught???? ) a little.

AND NOW Should I think that YOU and YOUR BANNED FRIEND ARE BUT ONE SINGLE PERSON?
Please, if you are a pride and  honest person don�t try to do things this way.
Many people here have lots of questions, lots of things they can�t handle, lots of things they think are huge problems. People step ahead and ask. If you ask, people will answer, if you cheat, Victor will ban you.
Please, I am PORTUGUESE; too, don�t shame all of us

11 Oct 2008     

karenp
United States

I think she should have reported the stolen or copied work when she saw it instead of doing the same thing. It is a number one rule on the web site and yes, the others probably did not get caught yet but if people like her would have said something they would be the ones out and she would be still here sharing her work with us.

11 Oct 2008     

deinha
Brazil

The only reason I see for a person to download a �stolen� worksheet is to get (freely) the points that will enable he/she to upload the original and wonderful ws teachers post in here.

In my opinion, this kind of person is not the kind we would like to have sharing in this site. So�whenever I have the chance to look carefully into the ws, and I clearly see a copy from other sites I do report it.

I may be wrong, but I doubt people would report �stolen� worksheets because of pictures only. Your friend might have really just downloaded ws copied from other sites. Sorry for her/him!

And I hope you get the real meaning of this site and be ale to contribute and enjoy it!

11 Oct 2008     

HMaria
Portugal

Thank you all for your words...
I�m sorry if I shamed the PORTUGUESE ones...it was never my intention...
I was reading through the forum and I felt the need to see your opinions about this matter, but after reading Olindalimas comment I�m going back to my silence and just keep on doing my work...
Thanks for the other comments that I so well understand and agree with, I�m going to report the ws I saw right now!

11 Oct 2008