Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > 2 points were taken away for ONLY ONE worksheet!!!    

2 points were taken away for ONLY ONE worksheet!!!

DangHongMinh
Vietnam

2 points were taken away for ONLY ONE worksheet!!!

This morning my downloads were 26 and I have just downloaded only one more worksheet but the number of downloads now is 28. It means that 2 points were taken away for ONLY ONE worksheet!!! How could this be???

15 Apr 2009      

Hazza
Australia

The same happened to me today. 

15 Apr 2009     

ESL
United States

_ladybird_
Germany

It is only ONE point... Contribute more useful materials, then you will soon have more points than you are able to spend!

I think this is "Harsh and rude". What you may think is unuseful, may be useful to others... Just like the blank copy that you all erased from me, which belonged to another sheet, that no one bothered to read.

15 Apr 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

Miss ESL of Illinois,

Saying CONTRIBUTE MORE USEFUL MATERIALS is not rude at all. It �s what this website is for, to contribute, to improve our work that we later share with other people, to share work, opinions, feelings and good wishes. Not to complain all the time.

You are remarking only SOME ladybird �s words. Why don �t you remark these ones as well?:

Just send me a PM with your E-mail address and let me know what you would like to have. I �ll download the worksheet and send it to you by mail then. Smile

Ladybird is offering her help to download things for someone else and to send them by email to that person. Have you ever done that? Wacko

and, Would you call ladybird �s offer for help "harsh and rude"?

Not only me but many people here wish you �d stop complaining about everthing, it �s boring and tiring.
If you don �t like this site, you know what you can do. Victor has already explained to you why your ws were removed. Are you going to complain about that for life?

15 Apr 2009     

Montypython
France

Of course no one (or almost) would call Ladybird rude. She keeps trying to help people & only sends the kindest of comments.
I don �t understand all the bickering going on.

What I most liked about the site was (apart the AMAZING & SO UDSEFUL ws) the friendship, the sens of belonging to a friendly communicty, of being helped whenever you neede help.

I �ve made friends and that �s what is most important to me!

I wish you all great holidays (mine are coming......), a great day and I THANK YOU all aggain for your HELP and your WONDERFUL WS!!!!!!!!!

Monty

15 Apr 2009     

DangHongMinh
Vietnam

Thank you all for your replies. As I �m a new member here and I don �t have many points to spend, one point is precious though it is just one point.

By the way, why don �t you download my printables, I mean the ones that are useful for you, then I will get more points and you will have something useful for your students?

15 Apr 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Shocked There is only one person being harsh and rude around these parts and it aint ladybird......Thumbs Down
I could write so much more here.... but the forum has had enough of shouting and needs some peace and calm! Miss Esl, if you have a problem with Ladybird then you need to be an adult and sort it out privately.

I certainly do not appreciate your insults specifically aimed at another member in the public forum. If you have a specific problem regarding worksheets you need to write to Victor. End of story.

Blaming one person for your worksheets being removed is quite ridiculous when there could be actually quite a large number that voted on your worksheets according to VICTOR �S (remember him the sites owner?) Guidelines given very clearly in the reporting section.

Welcome DangHongMinh Big smile More is always better I find. I try to create activities that go for a minimum of 15-20 minutes that really engage my group. (I teach adults) Unfortunately none of your printables are suitable for the groups I have at the moment... but keep contributing, and like all of us we all improved over time! Good luck for with your future printables!!!!

15 Apr 2009