Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A request regarding worksheets    

A request regarding worksheets

anatavner
Israel

A request regarding worksheets

Hi,
I first of all would like to point out that I think that this  site is AMAZING and has made me improve my WS and try to make them nicer and more appealing to my students.
I would like also to point out that lots of teachers here contribute and their WS are EXTRAORDINARY!!!

Now I would like to say something to all those great and wonderful teachers who work for hours to make such nice WS - I found that I have a problem with many of them.

The problem is that I have a problem printing them and then taking them to school to photocopy them - the WS are too large. What I mean is , in order to incorporate many things one one page teachers "strach" the page to it maximum and when I print the page parts are missing even if I give the printer order to print the whole page.

Another problem which I encountered is the pages that some teachers create and use pictures+sentences and whatever the put on the page is eventually a picture and not a word document. The problem is that the writing is either too small or too unclear. And agian even if I �m willing to lose some material and print it, when I photocopy the page at school is doesn �t come off well.

I �m NOT complaining - I just want to make a small suggestion - PLEASE - instead of putting the material on one page , create to pages, or put less material so the students will be able to read.

Don �t forget that lots of stuff, especially the one with the beautiful pctures is for young learners, and they can find small print or unclear print very frustrating.

I tried to bring examples (and I �m not acusing any one. I just want to be able to use these wonderful and amazing pages as they were done and not to start changing the layouts or not using them because of the small print) - but couldn �t upload pictures. Sorry.

Thanks, Anat

15 Apr 2009      

wilwarin32
Argentina

Hi, Anat!

The same happens to me, but what I do is modify them. Sometimes I "cut out" some pictures or change the format - like erasing borders or textures- so as to save ink from my printer!!! (Do teachers from all over the world try as hard as I do to make ends meet? hehehe). Try that, it works for me and my empty pockets!!!
Best regards!

15 Apr 2009     

deral
Turkey

MY FRİEND PLEASE DOWNLOAD MY WORKSHEET . ı DON �T HAVE ANY POINTS SO ı   DON �T TAKE ANY WORKSHEET

15 Apr 2009