Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > ILEP – INTERCULTURAL LETTER EXCHANGE PROJECT     

ILEP – INTERCULTURAL LETTER EXCHANGE PROJECT

mrlypy
Brazil

OBJECTIVES

The Project is aimed at working on a collaborative way where students will exchange letters with students from different countries. If you are interested and I hope you are for the benefit of your students, please send a private message with you school address to [email protected]

TOPICS TO WRITE ABOUT

My school: photos of my school, sketch, drawings,  my classroom: photos, sketch, drawings, my street, my neighborhood, the map of my neighborhood, my city, my state, my country, my house, the plan of my house,  my street, my favorite friend, my pet, my favorite place at home, likes and sillies, my family, physical description of my family, my physical description, my routine, my family routine, personal description, the map of my country, state, city,  or whatever: open to more suggestions.

DATE

The project is due to start on may 1st and end on  September 30rd 2009. (OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS: depending on when your school year ends). By this time all projects must be concluded and sent to their  twin classes. 

RESULTS

After receiving the projects I am going to design a website with all  the materials sent to me and host them on the Internet. Please se an example of a project exchanges with Russia and China here: http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/projetomongolia,

http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/projetososnova  http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/projetointercultural.

ADVANTAGES OF THE PROJECTS

Ř      Rise students` interest for the language.

Ř      Knowing each other`s culture;

Ř      Improve reading and writing strategies;

Ř      Plausibility in studying English;

Ř      Interaction among teachers so as to exchange  lesson plans, materials designed for the project and general discussion about language acquisition within teachers` contexts.

Ř      (PLEASE ADD OTHER RELEVANT SUGGESTIONS TO IMPLEMENT THE LIST)

16 Apr 2009      

isabelle99
Monaco

Dear mrlypy,
I would have loved to do so. Unfortunately, my pupils are off until next september (exams, training periods, holidays....). Maybe next school year.... 

16 Apr 2009     

mrlypy
Brazil

That ´s Ok! we can start another project in september.

16 Apr 2009     

alex1968
Greece

It sounds interesting!  Like Isabelle99, I wouldn ´t be able to get involved in anything before Sept.  I think that would be true of most European countriesSmile
If you start another project in Sept, please let us know!
I like to do creative things with my Ss!

Regards from northern Greece,
Alex

16 Apr 2009     

mrlypy
Brazil

Sorry! for not getting to know about your school years, that ´s it. when it starts and when it ends. for sure we are going to start another project by September and I am going to get in touch with you all again.

16 Apr 2009     

catedo
Italy

dear Mrlypy, the project is very interesting, but my students are off until next september too, because of the exams, the end of the school year, holidays.... At the moment they are very busy, worried and bored.... It is better to start something in September, when school starts in Italy... and in most European countries! 

16 Apr 2009