Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > i need your help, food unit kindergarten    

i need your help, food unit kindergarten

missundaztood_74
Spain

i need your help, food unit kindergarten

HELLO THERE EVERYONE!
I �m preparing a lesson on food and specifically pizza, can anyone give me activities ideas for kindergarten students, because im absolutely blocked right now!!!
and as you all have great ideas and creativity maybe you can help me.

thanks in advance!!!

have a great day

kar

19 Apr 2009      

penbwl
Japan

I used paper plates in the past. That becomes the dough, red paint becomes the tomato sauce and i cut out various shapes to be cheese, salami, mushrooms etc.

You can have them respond to specific instructions such as "Put X on the pizza" or just let them do it freely.

We had funSmile

Something I didn �t have time to prepare was a box to be an �oven � and put them in to �bake � i.e. let the pva glue set, whilst playing another game.

Good luck

19 Apr 2009     

alex1968
Greece

Hi Kar!

Have a look at this sequencing pizza from www.kizclub.com

Why not have a look at Gabitza �a & Pika �s ws?  They usually have things appropriate for YLs

Good luck
Alex

19 Apr 2009     

missundaztood_74
Spain

THANKS A LOT!!!! for your ideas :)
and thanks a lot alex for recomending worksheets :)

19 Apr 2009     

crisholm
Spain

Here go some links to songs and to a page with activities and more songs:

http://beemp3.com/download.php?file=4139561&song=On+Top+Of+My+Pizza

Pizza Pie

(To the tune of "Shortenin � Bread")

Lyrics

Chorus:

Mamma �s little baby loves pizza, pizza,
Mamma �s little baby loves pizza pie,
Mamma �s little baby loves pizza, pizza,
Mamma �s little baby loves pizza pie,

V1: Bring out the tomatoes,
Bring out the cheese,
Bring out the big pan,
If you please.

(All other verses are up to your own tastebuds. Here are a few "daily specials" to get you started.)  

V2: Bring out the mushrooms, Bring out the cheese, Bring out the hot peppers, Don �t you sneeze.

http://www.kinderpond.com/pizzapizzaunit.html

You could introduce it with one or several songs, then have a selection of ingredients to choose from for the children to make their own pizza to their taste. This is a good way to build up and practise food vocabulary.
You could also make a worksheet with lots of ingredients and have them tick the ones they consider suitable for a pizza.
Good luck! 

19 Apr 2009