Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Hello everybody    

Hello everybody

rosammd
Spain

Hello everybody

Hello! Could you help me?

I am designing a unit on animals for 9-10 years and I am a bit blocked right now. Could you suggest some interesting ideas?

I haven �t made the division between farm, jungle...animals, I don �t like it. I have covered where they live (sea, land, air), what can they do (swim, jump, fly), adjectives and prepositions of place. I dont know what else to do, what types of activities...? I am completely blocked!! It would be very kind of you if you helped me.

By the way, could you suggest a final project for this unit?

19 Apr 2009      

vanille81
Canada

Hi,
You could also show them weird exotic animals... it could rouse their curiosity or it could be their final project..so they would have to do a little research by themselves and then present their "weird" animal to the class.

19 Apr 2009     

lesven
France

Hi!

What about using the song �Old Mc Donald had a farm � as an introduction to your unit? I have tested it with younger children, but I guess that would make an entertaining starter...It �s excellent for spelling and intonation as well.
Good luck for your lesson!

19 Apr 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

This is an excellent site with good suggestions and materials.

19 Apr 2009     

Mishuna
Argentina

You can also include "have / has got" to describe the animals...

19 Apr 2009     

valeska
Chile

oh yes..
it is big and brown
it lives in africa
it eats insects...

easy sentences so they can remember them easily

19 Apr 2009     

rosammd
Spain

thanks to all of you who have written to me!!! Thank you  very much!!! You are great!

19 Apr 2009