Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > News lessons about Susan Boyle and Gordon Ramsey    

News lessons about Susan Boyle and Gordon Ramsey

Roy Piepers
Spain

News lessons about Susan Boyle and Gordon Ramsey

Hello everybody,

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend. I don�t know whether you have heard of Susan Boyle yet but I just had to write an article about her. Susan Boyle is the new Britain�s Got Talent singing sensation that has already had over 30 million hits on YouTube due to her surprising but amazing performance on the show. A perfect feel good and don�t give up story for any student. My students just loved it. It also has a 1st conditional grammar point to it.

Download: http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=216248#thetop

YouTube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

After reading a newspaper article about Gordon Ramsey�s restaurant serving up pre-prepared food I couldn�t resist making a lesson about that either.

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=216322#this

I also put up a chart with Negotiation Expressions which my business students find very useful

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=216252#thetop

Hope you have as much fun with them as I have.

Roy

20 Apr 2009      

Damielle
Argentina

Dear Roy,
Have you read what Silke and Logos wrote on your latest post??

Please read it!!!

And douglas has also explained it to you on 3 Apr 2009       :

Today is 20 April and it´s happening again. Will you understand it???

We generally don �t advertise our worksheets on the forum.

20 Apr 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Even though there are no specific rules that says you can �t advertise your work, I have to say I agree with Damielle.
I can decide for myself what I want for my classes when I  browse the new contributions. The best advertising you can do for yourself is to create useful or original material. This only make me NOT want to download it.

20 Apr 2009     

Roy Piepers
Spain

I actually disagree quite strongly with what you say and the comments you refer to. Very often it has to do with how "pretty" the worksheet looks that makes people download them. Besides that, this forum is used for anything I have noticed, for example recommending worksheets (also a form of advertising), complaining (lots of that going on), saying "good morning" and whatever more. As you said, there is no rule against any of those things.

20 Apr 2009