Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > reported worksheets......    

reported worksheets......

Damielle
Argentina

reported worksheets......

I have just read the comments on reported worksheeets and I´ve noticed  that there is something that it �s not quite clear to some members (or to me, in any case) : Victor stated the following

You cannot send printables taken from other websites or publications. They must be your own creations.

We only accept ESL resources written in English language. A frame, a border or a single drawing is not an ESL resource. Remember that this website is not a clipart collection.

If your contribution is a copy from other website or from a book your account in ESLprintables will be cancelled.

If you have a worksheet that you didn �t make yourself (borrowed from a colleage teacher, for example) DON �T SEND IT. It might be taken from this or another website, and you would be banned from eslprintables.com

then on the reporting page, he stated:

We all understand that copied worksheets must be removed but, what about non-ESL resources?
These examples will avoid confusions:...... (and then he goes on with examples)

Now....... if all of us know what "We all understand that copied worksheets must be removed",  why is that that some teacher vote that some worksheets or flashcards shouldn �t be removed because they are  ESL resources in spite of they see that they have been reported a stolen from different sites such as Mess English????

I think that it may become a mess if we don �t read the comments carefullly. In these cases mentioned, the fact of being an ESL resource is not mentioned. The matter of discussion is the fact that the worksheets/flashcards  are stolen!!!! and the answer of some teachers is "don´t delete them because they are useful and an ESLresource"

20 Apr 2009      

manonski (f)
Canada

Damielle,
If it is stolen, it has to be removed, even if it �s an ESL resource.
If a member finds resources somewhere else that could be useful for others, there is a bookmarks section just for that.

20 Apr 2009     

andruspeedy
Argentina

Well........... I guess there �s sth wrong or quite ambiguous about the rules.
Some weeks ago I reported a worksheet ( family crosswords) that have been take from OUP well known resource web page. According to the terms and conditions it should have been banned, however, I �ve just checked it out and it �s still there and downloadable
:S
- It �s gonna be quite easy to score some points if we all cut and paste ESL resources from other pages

20 Apr 2009     

crisholm
Spain

It �s VERY obvious that if the work is copied or stolen, being an ESL resource, it should be removed. It´s one of the basic premises of the site!

20 Apr 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Stolen... is always stolen, whatever language we speak.

20 Apr 2009