Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Splitting a worksheet    

Splitting a worksheet

Hadassah
Israel

Splitting a worksheet

Hi Victor,

I would like to know the following information:

I have a worksheet that is larger than 300kb. I can split it into two separate documents, but essentially they are one exercise. My question is - will the two sheets always appear one after the other on the site? This is paramount because it is a cut and paste exercise on school related vocabulary and prepositions; the first page contains the instructions and the pictures to cut and the second page is the picture of the classroom where the cut outs are to be pasted. The sheets are useless without one another and must appear together on the site. I tried different techniques of compressing pictures and so forth but I couldn�t reduce the size of the file. I�d really appreciate an answer so that I can paste the worksheet.

Have a gr-8 day,

Hadassah. 

P.S

Kudos on the site (-:

12 Oct 2008      

brahmam
India

Hi Hadassah,
                      Did you try ppt & doc minimizer to reduce documents? Try it. You can make your 600 kb file a 250 kb file.

Click here to go to the download page

12 Oct 2008     

wolfy
Chile

Haddassah,

The best way is to name the worksheet as xxxx (1of2) , then everyone will download both. �That�s what you see here. �They don�t appear next to ech other but if someone sees (1 of 2) or even (2 of 2) they will go looking for the other one. �I use the "other worksheets by xxxx" . �You can reduce images if that�s your problem. � Use any image program, reduce them in size �and save as .jpg or gif. �This is a common problem. �But I personally don�t mind downloading 2 or 3 worksheets as long as they�re good.

14 Oct 2008