Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > It ´s not fair... :(    

It ´s not fair... :(

Kita19
Portugal

It ´s not fair... :(

Good night to all!

I �m very upset and just felt I had to write here something about it... Some users with more than 1000 points (who are allowed to vote for removing worksheets from this site) have voted to remove AN ORIGINAL worksheet from me, telling that it was stolen FROM MY OWN BLOG, where I gently upload MY work to share with other teachers... Well, should I be called a THIEF here just because I �ll willing to share my work in a blog????? Cry

One person even stated that it was Vandas �work, and, even more unbelievable, he/she gave the link, which obviously links to MY blog!!! How is that possible???? Shocked

Here is the link with the comments:

And here is the link to MY BLOG (the page with that "stolen" poster...):

The most curious thing is that I have 2 versions of the same poster (colour and black & white) and only one was considered "stolen"!

Please be sure that the worksheets you are voting to remore are REALLY stolen!!! I �m really sad and angry about this. Because this is not fair at all... CryUnhappyCryUnhappy

Maybe I need to delete my own blog to stop being called a thief here... Unhappy

20 Apr 2009      

cecio_13
Argentina

the problem is that some people have plenty of time to accuse others... I think they are getting confused...
...and taking many powers... (atributions)...

20 Apr 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

I �m sorry Kita19 for your feeling at this moment. I think that if your worksheet has been deleted by mistake, you have to talk to Victor. I can �t get into your blog because It looks blurred but I remember that your worksheet was among the stolen contributions.

We have to understand that all our contributions are under the analisis of thousand of members in this site. Mine are also being reviewed, and i think that it is correct. If we have uploaded a worksheet that is against  the rules of the site, we have to accept it.

Besides, the job of the moderators is too hard. They do their best but they can make some mistakes. I think that you some some elements to talk to Victor and see if your worksheet can be re uploaded.

20 Apr 2009     

gizmogwai
United Kingdom

Hey :) I �m sorry to hear about the misunderstanding regarding Kita �s work. However, I would like something in the rules clarified.

If you upload your own work that you also share on another site then is that no allowed?

I understand it could potentially cause confusion (as in Kita �s) case. Some of the original worksheets I uploaded contained my site details and even my contact details (oops did remove those) and I realise could be thought to be stolen.

Could Victor perhaps tell us whether we shouldn �t upload work that is on any other site at all even if it is our own?

Or maybe  we should be able to upload worksheets we share elsewhere,  that but perhaps have a rule that you should say that you have shared the work elsewhere in your notes to stop confusion?

I do plan to add the worksheets I �ve shared here to my own website soon and but I wouldn �t want to potentially cause problems with my account here as I love this site and community :)

20 Apr 2009     

zailda
Brazil

I saw the ws being voted but I didn �t vote it because I know Vanda has a weblog and there was a mistake before, she was accused of stealing a ws from her own blog. When the ws appeared at the report page we don �t see who posted them, so I thought that it was Vanda �s and that they would find out about the mistake, as it happened last time.

I didn �t know about your blog and couldn �t access it from your profile. Haven �t you provided the link on your profile here? It �ll be useful and can avoid future mistakes, and I guess you should provide the link to promote your weblog here in your profile, since it �s a very good blog and the other teachers will also agree with me at this point.

It was good to visit your weblog, which I �m following now from my weblog plataform (Blogger) and found out you �re not a male teacher as I guessed when I first saw your avatar here. It was a long shot, maybe because it looks like a man with a hangover... haha

I �m sorry about your delected ws, if I had known it was yours I would have commented it and would have told it wasn �t stolen. I feel a little guilty now for not have done that. To avoid things like that I visit the report page every day, just in case... I also have a weblog where I post some of my own wss.

I ask the other moderators to comment with responsibility and check the wss and links first, send a personal message to the teacher if they know him/her, etc. I ask them to take all the possible measures and be careful before accusing someone, in order to avoid future mistakes like this one in the future.

20 Apr 2009     

zailda
Brazil

gizmogwai, since the ws is yours you can post it anywhere. When you upload it here you testify it �s yours but there �s nothing saying it is not yours after being posted here, so you have the right to post it in your blog or in other educational site. That �s my opinion, what do the other teachers think?

20 Apr 2009     

andreaewa
Uruguay

I �m really sorry to hear that. I felt the same earlier http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=7061
This new system was thought to help but some members are abusing the power they have to be able to report worksheets.
I �m against this new system. I won �t help looking at the reported worksheets because I get angry when I see flashcards reported, or comments regarding the usefullness of a ws. I don �t want to spend hours explaining how we should use the reported ws space for. Please, go back to the previous way of reporting worksheets, it was better, or at least have only a few moderators who would be allowed to do the job.

20 Apr 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

Dear zaila, i think you are right. But it may confuse somebody. I have just entered that area again and saw that some teachers are making some mistakes because they don �t check accounts properly. I think that we shoudn �t hurry to report, we should do it carefully.

Dear Cecio, I agree with you that some people are confused, but not all of them. I �ve seen much coherence when voting. Do you really think that moderators are taking the trouble (and the time) to revise the worksheets because "that some people have plenty of time to accuse others" "and (are) taking many powers... (attributions)?

In this case, they just made a mistake because they are working for the well being of the whole community. Remember that stolen contributions, copied and pasted pictures, etc, have been a hot issue in the last months and Victor is trying to solve that problem as well as removing some worksheets. He can �t do that job by himself and has asked all of us to help him. those who really care for ESLprintables are working hard to help him.

20 Apr 2009     

mena22
Portugal

I �m very sorry Kita. I think we have to learn from all this. I don �t see anything wrong with uploading worksheets in several sites. However, to avoid unfortunate misunderstandings like the one that happened to you, maybe people could add their website to their contact (someone has already suggested this) like many users have done.

Kita, I do understand your anger, but mistakes happen. I think we must do all we can to avoid confusions. And there is something you can do as it has been suggested.

There is a huge amount of worksheets to be reviewed. If we were to see all of them carefully it would take us at least 5 to 6 hours. No one has that time! I myself only see some. So we need as much help as we can get.

And when we make a mistake, please don �t see it as a case of life or death. There �s a solution. It can be fixed. Victor will.

Thank you for your attention, and once again I �m sorry for our mistake.

Have a good night.
mena

20 Apr 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hello, Sandra
I am really sorry and SAD.
This is turning a mess, cause many of the users like to be policemen.
I know your blog for a long time, but some people don �t.
IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT THAT SOME PEOPLE DON �T KNOW YOU HAVE A BLOG.
All this hunt is because people like to tiptoe, when they don �t have toes.
If people are not sure , don �t report. Don �t say it is taken from "don �t know where", just because someone, previously said it.
It is so easy - you look, you know it is stolen from a site you know well - then report.

Stolen from a blog is different - so many people here have blogs, or even sites.

if you look I have some of my works in other sites. Is it forbidden.

Please, pay attention, think before

AND, PLEASE, VICTOR, IT SHOULD BE COMPULSORY TO WRITE ONE �S NAMES TO REPORT.

Hugs, Sandra Patr�cia, you are a nice fellow, you do a very good job, take care, not everyone is like you.

20 Apr 2009     

crisholm
Spain

Hi Kita,

I was writing a long message when my computer crashed, so I will summarise what I was saying:

I went through all Vanda �s worksheets and there is none matching yours. I also visited your blog (CONGRATULATIONS: ESLPRINTABLERS DO NOT MISS IT!).

I �m so sorry, but these things happen with zealots. Just carry on with your excellent work and do not `pay attention to negative criticism; do not be deterred by people who do not cate to look behind the second page of the worksheets.

It �s all VERY unfair. By the way, Vanda should say something about it.
Anyway, never  mind unfair voices and let us enjoy the best of your work. Thank you!

20 Apr 2009     

1    2    Next >