Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A Set of Flashcards...    

A Set of Flashcards...

mena22
Portugal

A Set of Flashcards...

Good morning to you all. Yesterday I voted for the removal of 2 sets of flashcards. I figured out they were �sets� only when I saw the second one, because they were not uploaded together;  there were several uploads with one picture + a word in one case, and 2 pictures and 2 words in the other. Here�s how I justified my vote:

�In my opinion, flashcards are, can be considered ESL resources if, as victor put it, they are part of a set, i.e., they are part of "a group of similar cards that belong together" (Oxford Dictionary). If they "belong together", if they are part of a whole, they should be uploaded together, in the same worksheet, the only reason acceptable for not being so the fact that the images have been reduced to their lowest resolution and the document still exceeds 300kb. For this reason, I think this flashcard should be removed.�

Although what I said above is my inner belief, I�m afraid my judgment was influenced by that belief and I might have ended up being unfair, because as one of the users told me, victor has never written that we cannot upload each flashcard separately.

I really need your opinion on this because I can�t stand unfairness, especially when it comes from me.

Thank you so much.

Have a nice day.

mena

20 Apr 2009      

Logos
Malaysia

I have remarked on this in past forums and have suggested that if contributors are uploading sets of flash cards because they are too big to fit on one contribution, they should:

A.  State in the introduction that it is a set of how ever many worksheets.  ie. Set 1 of 4 etc.
B.  Upload all the sets on the same day.

Though I know for some new contributors that they are limited by the number of worksheets they can initially send.  But with reduction and care anything up to 20 illustrations can be inserted on three pages - even more. 

20 Apr 2009