Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Are you kidding me??!!!    

Are you kidding me??!!!

exiliser
Turkey

Are you kidding me??!!!

It is the first time that I feel I have to refuse the decision that is made for my worksheets. I uploaded a set with 3 parts, about conjunctions. At first, the ones who checked and downloaded my ws complained about the black background, they were right because the ws would spend too much toner. I answered them back that I thought it would be more attracting and they could edit it.

Today, when I logged in, I saw the messages telling me that my worksheets were removed by moderators, because they were scanned!!! I want to tell the moderators that black baCkground does NOT necessarily make a ws scanned! I spent a great deal of time preparing the ws and did something to make the ws more attracting, but it was removed without any question. Now I am going to edit it myself and upload again. I am looking forward to see the next reason for removing the ws.

20 Apr 2009      

zailda
Brazil

I saw your contribution and found it very interesting and the style was different from the ones we normally see here, but when I found it  reported as scanned I gave it up. You know, I don �t want to encourage people download scanned pages here. But after your explanation I feel that I should have gone through it more carefully before deciding not to download. But I"ll do it when you upload next time.

I feel sad as well but you have to agree with me that most of people are trying to keep the site free of unfair members � works and this kind of "surgery"  is impossible without pain. I think all of us have a portion of frustration or sadness until we get the site clean.

20 Apr 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

Hmmm maybe my poem is as heartfelt foe you exiliser - I am sorry to hear your work was deleted like that - people really should ensure their facts before reporting.

20 Apr 2009     

exiliser
Turkey

My worksheet is ready now with a different style, not with a black background. I will upload it again later because I reached the limit today.

What I feel resented is that I was not even asked anything about my own worksheet by those people called �moderators �. I appreciate their works and their care for the site, but how could they know whether my ws was scanned or not better than me???

20 Apr 2009     

miss noor
Palestine

Hello,

I have a suggestion.
What do you think if any teacher here prepare a lesson, present it to the calss , video it and upload it  here ?

Tell me your opinion

Don �t you think it is a great idea ?

Waiting you,
Noor

25 Apr 2009     

exiliser
Turkey

Im sorry that I am late to I answer you back.
Your idea is great but, uploading videos may bring some problems.
I just had one of my lessons recorded, it is really useful to watch yourself, and to watch other teachers in their classroom.

1 May 2009