Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Peace on you ALL!!!    

Peace on you ALL!!!

gilorit
Israel

Dear Nebal

I appreciate your post - the prayer.
I am not religious. I try to believe in human kindness. I thought I found a warm HUMAN community in this site and I always give praise to the people here, wherever I tell someone about this site. I believed people as individauals are good at heart.
It sounds silly now - but I was always so happy to download ws from Arab members. It was as if we were friends. .. I also liked to see my ws neing downloaded by people whom I have never thougjht I could meet, because of politics.
We always talk about the world as a global village - it seems that in some ways this village is not always so united, and if we, teachers, cannot agree that teaching or talking about the Holocaust is not important enough, it is "a Jewish lie", I don �t see where this may lead the world.
We suppose to be examples, to wish for a better world - and I try to do it with all my heart.
I LOVE people. It it really makes me sad how people love to hate.

I appreciate your work and your lovely posts.
Orit

21 Apr 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Dear Everyone,

just to reiterate a post from a discussion a while ago...

Politics - worldwide devastation, not just Palestine & Israel, but also Darfur, Uganda & countless others - how sad

THIS FORUM IS NOT FOR POLITICS, HATE OR INTOLERANCE!!!

There is so much hatred, terror and anger in the world. WE DO NOT NEED IT HERE!!!

It is easy to point the finger at one country/nation/people or another and say �they started it. Look at what they are still doing�. If you want to look through the history of almost every society you can find an excuse to hate, terrorise, maim & destroy.

The point of this website is to bring teachers together in a supportive community.
Our aims should be to educate our students and to broaden their ability for international exchange - why else would we be teaching & studying the same language?

Most people everywhere just want to live, be happy with their families & friends. Not to hate, kill or be killed, have their lives destroyed.

We need to be compassionate to everyone. Learn to live with each other & celebrate our differences, not revile them.

I will not ask God to bless everyone - my God may not be your god.
I will not pray to anyone or anything that life will be better - why pray to someone/thing that few people agree on?

My hope is that people everywhere will realise that we have more in common because of our everyday life, loves, hopes & dreams. These desires far outweigh our differences & should be the foundation for true international relations - not among countries, but among people!

Please, don�t continue with anger & political comments here - THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR THOSE COMMENTS!

I know that I can easily argue any or all points of support for the many different sides in these conflicts. Would this really help anyone? NO! We should first foster a willingness to accept each other for who we are, strive for understanding & realisation that we are all here together. We need to work together to attain equity for everyone!

Just a few thoughts from a peace loving alien...

21 Apr 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi, people
I don �t know know what to say. There is a lot of intolerance everywhere; this site, in my humble point if view, is mainly addressed to the teaching of English, as a foreign language; however, we can �t put apart other issues -who we are/ where we come from/ our past history/ our daily routines / what we eat/ where we spend our free time ... so on...so on.
I can �t see any reason why ENG789 shouldn �t have brought this question to the forum.It is an important historical fact for Israeli,and should be for all of us ,  it doesn �t matter what we, nowadays, think about foreign politics in Israeli, in the past, this is a fact, thousands of Jews were killed.
Let �s respect them.

On the other hand, unfortunately, this part of our common history is but an example, because mankind has ever since been able to sacrifice everything and everyone to some / many dark aims. Jews history is only probably one of the most well known. But this kind of genocide has been around our wonderful world for a great many, many decades, in many, many parts of our planet. And this is the point. Probably, each one of us has something to mourn for one �s past history, and we like to share, we share good moments, happiness and we like everyone to bring us a word when we are down.

Now, we shouldn �t forget our main aim - teaching English, but this doesn �t mean we can deal with other aspects of our lives, indeed, I think this can lead us to know and understand each other better.
So, this is the only reason why I think jooli123 should have been more careful, because, first of all, here, in this site, we share our knowledge of teaching and help each other; only then we can have a rest and talk about other subjects.
Please, jooli123, try to understand that, for many of us, this is a place to work, we come here to look for new things, ideas,printables, sites, etc, to do our daily work; usually we have a good "weather" around, so we don �t like this kind of violent speech, because it disturbs our work, not that we don �t understand it, we are not taking sides. As Nebal said, all what we want is peace and it can easily start here. Try to look at us as friends, because that is what we all are here and we welcome everyone,
I welcome you.

21 Apr 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

Within an atmosphere of community and friendship - it is generally allowed for people to mourn those gone.  Lets not decide which fallen are more important - lets just acknowledge they are gone - acknowledge the need for peace - and continue to strive for a peaceful world where people are tolerant and even celebrate their differences.

I mean if you were all like me - this place would be a pretty boring place to be.  Within our cultures we are all different - and within this commmunity we are all different. 

We need not agree with each other - this does not mean we should censure - but listen - learn - and celebrate life in all of its wonderful forms.

21 Apr 2009     

< Previous   1    2