Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What type are you? looks or content?    

What type are you? looks or content?

BashayerS
Kuwait

What type are you? looks or content?

Hello,
I was recently thinking...
Do you as members of this site rather download worksheets that have lots of colors and pictures or something that is very plain but with good content.

For example,
If i decided to make a worksheet about If conditional
Would you rather have this worksheet with good content but plain style and no photos
or you download based on colours and design?

in shortcut..
is it design or content that you look for?

Miss  Bashayer

21 Apr 2009      

Akanah
Spain

Hi!

We look for content, that is for sure. But, as far as i know, kids prefer WSS with photos and drawings, so they don �t get bored. I don �t know what the rest of memebers do, but I print all the WSS in black and white.

Of course we �ll download your WS if the content is good!!!

Have a nice day :)

Olga

21 Apr 2009     

freddie
Canada

Dear Bahayer

I �m greedy! I want both excellent content as well as attractıve design  Smile

Some of us have been around while and so allready have A LOT of worksheets. I download things that are attractive, creative, and use sound teaching methodology and those which I think will be useful for the adults I work with. For example, I prefer worksheets which are skill focused rather than grammar focused.

But then we all work in different environments, with different students and we obviously use different methodologies so there is a range of needs and preferences!

21 Apr 2009     

MarionG
Netherlands

Hello Bahayer,

I have wondered about this a few times as well since I couldn �t help noticing that only the very colorfull sheets get really lots of downloads. I see it also with my own sheets. the few that do have colors get more downloads, maybe they catch the eye more...I usually make only black and white sheets because I cannot make color copies in out school. For me very elaborate borders and pictures are a burden rather then a plus since often they do not come out well in black and white copies. I do like a nicely presented sheet though and several times have been very impressed by beautifully illustrated black and white sheets on this site!

I wonder if most of the teachers do have the possibility to copy in color (or to use computers for online activities and powerpoints or youtube videos and the like) We defenitely do not have those kind of facilities!

21 Apr 2009     

ASA3000
Egypt

If you ask me, I look for content. Though I have to take care of the look. These worksheets are for the students ... not for us ... So these worksheets need to be neat ,  attractive and interesting ... that �s it.

Good luck with next worksheets :)

21 Apr 2009     

BashayerS
Kuwait

I agree with you freddie
I am greedy as well

and marion has a point too
colored WS do not look so good in black and white

I think having colored printers at schools is a universal problem hehe!!

They hardly make it easy for us to print in black and white

I think it �s because of the high prices of inks

anyhow

Thanks all for your responses

21 Apr 2009     

Akanah
Spain

You can edit the colored WSS before printing, that �s what I do. You can change the backgrounds, turn them into white. It only takes 2 minutes and the problem is solved.
 Olga :)

21 Apr 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Short and simple: both of them are extremely important to me.They go hand in hand! Smile

21 Apr 2009     

efush
Israel

Except for being more attractive to the eye,
I believe that a colorful ws is perceived as better
because if the authur worked so hard on the design then the content is probably good too.

It �s wrong and it �s a good thing you raised this issue BashayerS.

21 Apr 2009     

eng789
Israel

I personally prefer editable black and white wss.  I can �t photo copy in colour because I have too many pupils. 

If I was a private teacher,  I would probably go for the color because they sometime look more impressive.  To be honest - I think that sometimes people over-do the colour a bit.

21 Apr 2009     

BashayerS
Kuwait

Why is it a wrong issue efush?

21 Apr 2009     

1    2    Next >