Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Whoi made the ´conversation cards ´ with the deck of cards lay-out?    

Whoi made the ´conversation cards ´ with the deck of cards lay-out?

MarionG
Netherlands

Whoi made the ´conversation cards ´ with the deck of cards lay-out?

Hi everyone,
I need help. A while ago I downloaded ´conversation cards ´. the were very nice. The decorations werre similar to playing cards (diamonds, spades etc.). the idea was for kids to pull a card and answer a corresponding question. Great!! exactly what I needed!
But once I printed it it became all fuzzy. I suspect the author had to scan the work because it was too heavy to upload or something.
Does anyone know the author (when I move my mouse over it it only said ´elizabeth ´ , I searched under that name but couldn ´t find it) or, if you recognize your work, could you please, please send me a better resolution version? I really loved the activity and was looking forward to using it!
Thank you, Marion

22 Apr 2009      

MarionG
Netherlands

Thank you Silke,
No, it wasn ´t this one. The idea is very similar, some of the questions are even the same I think so maybe I ´ll go thru that author ´s sheets. The one I ´m looking for had three pages, the entire background was colored and it had a question per card, written under its symbol and number. AAArh, I don ´t know how to put in a link like you did otherwise i could just show it...The one you downloaded is a little more difficult qua language ....
thanks anyway for trying to help,
marion

22 Apr 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=172720#thetop is it this one?

Helpful hint: something I always do is save a printable with the authors name first.... it helps if I need to go back to a certain printable or contact them if something has gone wrong :-)

22 Apr 2009     

ggroneet
Israel

I can suggest my own conversation cards, if you are teaching in elementary school.

I have made this for children to be able to speak in class.

Take a look.

Hope you find it useful.

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=214994#thetop

22 Apr 2009     

source
Turkey

Dear ggroneet , I had a look at your ws , I found a little mistake in the purple section as you has better change ´you ´ to ´your ´ :)

22 Apr 2009     

blizzard1
Denmark

Dear  Marion

I was the one who uploaded the conversation cards.

I deleted them from my account, because I got a couple of fairly nasty messages saying that I had "copied" the idea from a site.
There are several sites and books with the same idea. I don ´t think it ´s necessary to write where ideas come from.
Where does the idea of flash cards come from?

I got very hurt because I put a lot of hard work into it. I made it and adapted it especialy for my ss.
Maybe I ´ll upload the set again.

Anyway, you are more than welcome to message me your e-mail so I can send you the word version of it.

Hugs

Tisha

22 Apr 2009     

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

Well Tisha....

what a pity you deleted your worksheet...i say! I was going nuts looking for it so i could downloaded after i read marion g comment!!!!

I would be very interested in your worksheet if you were willing to send it to me.

I ´ll send you a PM with my email...no strings attached!!!!

Thanks

Aldana

22 Apr 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

Tisha - Don ´t let people discourage you please - you ahve such wonderful work - I would also love to see those conversation cards back on here - they are a fantastic resource.  

22 Apr 2009     

MarionG
Netherlands

Hi Tisha,

I already sent you a personal message but maybe good to post it here as well...

As you see from the responses here, not only was your work appreciated by many, turns out that several other people uploaded wss with similar ideas. Ok,  so the idea has been around (actually using cards to ask -or answer - questions  has been around for so long that I don ´t think anyone can take credit for that one! ;) In my opinion, none of them were visually as attractive as yours (aside from the fuzzy printout...) and yours happened to be right on the mark when it comes to the level of English I need for my class!

I am eagerly checking my email. If the Word version does print well, I ´ll laminate them for repeated use!!

Thank you again, Marion

22 Apr 2009     

Baby V
Brazil

Is this the one you ´re looking for?

I hope you have found what you wanted.

Love
Baby V

22 Apr 2009