Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need some ideas...    

I need some ideas...

morganalin
Portugal

I need some ideas...

Hi colleagues I need your suggestions:

I �m teaching English to an adults class  and we ( teachers) need to create some activities so that they can develop and work on them during their course. One of those activities will be a "col�quio" a kind of meeting where they need to present their final work to a big audience.
The theme is "technological development and its effects" so the question is -  What kind of activity can  they present and how is it related to English?

Look forward for read your suggestions.

Have a nice (day, evening, night)

Hugs Hug

Morganalin

22 Apr 2009      

douglas
United States

They could do one on how learning English has changed with technology. Where sts used to sit in the classroom and read from the chalkboard to now where there are virtual classrooms, video, interactive exercises,etc,etc,.

22 Apr 2009     

jooli123
Iran

Who is the youngest member in this website?
and how old is he/she?
please mention ur ages.

22 Apr 2009     

alex1968
Greece

I like Douglas �s ideas.

You could also perhaps think of how technology is one of the reasons that people need to learn English... a lot of software  and programmes are written in English, international sites on internet (e.g. Greek websites offer English as well as Greek), international communication on the net using English (facebook, chat sites, U tube etc.

I would try to think of why we need to learn/know English in oerder to use technology too.

I hope I �m making sense!!!LOL

22 Apr 2009     

ggroneet
Israel

Ladybird,
jooli123 is not  an English teacher.
He is here only to bring hate and hostility.
He incites against Israel.

22 Apr 2009     

ELMO.
Spain

this is unbelievable!!! I agree with ggroneetv, just ignore him ladybird...

22 Apr 2009     

Jayho
Australia

They could do an oral presentation, individually or in teams.  You develop the skills in a  series of lessons over a period of time - we do ours over a month - one lesson per week

Introduction to oral presentation (include watching video or seeing someone demonstrate it)

Planning your oral presentation � topic, props, delivery etc.

Working in small groups � work on your presentation and get feedback from group.

Practice run with oral presentations � assessment by peers using evaluation sheet

23 Apr 2009