Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > WWF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    

WWF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hongduyen
Vietnam

WWF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please, could anybody tell me which does WWF stands fof, World Wild Fund or World Wildlife Fund?

22 Apr 2009      

hongduyen
Vietnam

Oop! I should have typed: Please, could anybody tell me which WWF stands for, World Wild Fund or World Wildlife Fund?

22 Apr 2009     

Akanah
Spain

World Wildlife Found :)

22 Apr 2009     

alex1968
Greece

WWF = World Wildlife Fund

22 Apr 2009     

hongduyen
Vietnam

I found in one book in which they use World Wild Fund and I wonder if that �s OK?

22 Apr 2009     

Akanah
Spain

The official WWF site says World Wildlife Found :)

22 Apr 2009     

hongduyen
Vietnam

Thank u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22 Apr 2009     

alex1968
Greece

I found this on the internet at http://www.panda.org./faq/response.cfm?hdnQuestionId=3620012246264

the official website of WWF  http://www.wwf.org/  go to  WWF International

What do the initials WWF stand for?

Answer...
Back in 1961 when it was founded, WWF stood for the "World Wildlife Fund". However, as the organization grew over the 70s and into the 80s, WWF began to expand its work to conserve the environment as a whole (reflecting the interdependence of all living things), rather than focusing on selected species in isolation. So although we continued to use our well-known initials, our legal name became "WWF-World Wide Fund For Nature" (formerly World Wildlife Fund - except in North America where the old name was retained).

More and more, however, to avoid confusion and mixed messages across borders and languages, WWF is known as simply "WWF, the global conservation organization."

22 Apr 2009     

freddie
Canada

The official website says World Wildlife Fund and that is the name we know in Canada.

22 Apr 2009     

mendiv
United States

In the US, it �s also the World Wrestling Federation. Tongue

22 Apr 2009